Tyre size GS550EZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyre size GS550EZ

If I stick to my manual for the right size for tyres for my GS550 then I am looking at these :

3.25H19 4PR front which is 100/90 19 57H
    3.75H18 4PR rear which is 110/90 18 61H

Who actually fitted the right size for their GS550 according to the manual?

Mine is an 84 model and I am curious which of the other Suzuki models from '84 with alloy wheels use tubeless tyres and did they go on without changing anything to the rim/valve (hole)?

Not many replies did everybody change to a larger tyre size ?

Comment

The 100/90 19 will be just fine but going up to a 120/90 18 will greatly increase the tires available.If your wheels are marked tubeless no mods are needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ton1959 View Post
        Not many replies did everybody change to a larger tyre size ?
        Just because nobody replied does not mean that nobody did it. Just that they haven't seen your thread yet or don't have enough experience with a 550 to answer.

Originally posted by Ton1959 View Post
        Mine is an 84 model and I am curious which of the other Suzuki models from '84 with alloy wheels use tubeless tyres and did they go on without changing anything to the rim/valve (hole)?
        As others have mentioned, check your rims, they probably alread say "TUBELESS TIRE APPLICABLE" or something like that. If they do, just mount your tires and be done.

By the way, your thread title says "550EZ", but now you say you have an '84. Which one do you really have?
        A "Z" at the end says it's an '82, an '84 would be an "E", making it a GS550EE.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

He's from the Netherlands and has a bike not seen here http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=217383 .

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
            He's from the Netherlands and has a bike not seen here http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=217383 .
            Nice bike, but does that change the letter that designates the year?

sigpic
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

The GS550 E-z was made from 1982-1984 and it was sold in the Netherlands the UK and very likely the rest of Europe.
              It had the antive dive forks like the Katana and also electronic ignition.
              But the tyre size must be the same as the other GS550's
              So I am curious about what size tyres most of you fit to the bike . But have a look too what it says in the manual that came with your bike and what you fit to the bike.

Comment

It is certainly interesting to see what variations were available in the different markets.

Thanks for the education.

sigpic
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride

Comment

The ez had the same tyre size as the earlier bikes. I ran the 'right' size on my '82 bike, with tubes as the wheels were not the tubeless type.

The Germans had the same bike but in 500 guise which was, I think, to do with their licensing rules.

Here's mine

Non standard paint (obviously), a Harris pipe and earlier engine. Both wheels ended up yellow.
                  Last edited by hampshirehog; 01-21-2014, 01:51 PM.
                  79 GS1000S
                  79 GS1000S (another one)
                  80 GSX750
                  80 GS550
                  80 CB650 cafe racer
                  75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                  75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

90/90/19, 120/90-18 for my 1979 GS550.

It will handle heavier with the fatter tires.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I used a 100 front and 120 rear on my 550's. Bikes handled great. Much lighter and easier to steer than the larger bikes with the same size tires.
                      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

The front mudguard runs pretty close to the tyre on the ez so you need to be careful if going bigger without losing that clearance.
                        79 GS1000S
                        79 GS1000S (another one)
                        80 GSX750
                        80 GS550
                        80 CB650 cafe racer
                        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Hi hampshirehog,
                          What make are your brake lines and did the rear one fit or did you have to put grommets arond the braided brake line?

Comment

I just checked my bike. The front has the 3,25x19 tubeless and the rear 4.00x18 tubeless

Comment

Those sizes are still available too. Don't know about in your location.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
                              X