1/8 mile setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/8 mile setup

Just curious about setting up my gearing for the new season. ....I run a 500' track just shy of 1/8 mile. ..what gear should I be in running through the traps.....last year I ran stock gearing and had a best time of 6.63 @80mph just clicking into 3rd at the traps..any feedback would help...I was thinking +3 rear -2 front thanx Kirk

You don't want to go smaller on the front as making the bend the chain has to make sharper, is what will kill the chain. You need to be about 15/50 gearing with what you are trying to do. You REALLY need to get a lock up clutch in it & a 2 step to launch with. Ray.

Comment

An air shifter will help you also. Ray.

Comment

you are goin to wheelie

14 --- 49
        14 --- 50

This will get you moving but you are going to need some traction and a way not to flip---

compromises have got to be made in the name of acceleration.
        SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

I have a m and h race master slick and I just stretched it 8 inches......pin it and feather the clutch

Comment

2 step limiter is on the way...im going to put a 530 chain conversion I just have to figure out the tooth difference. ....I found a chart on line cant remember the name. ...ill post it when I find it again

Comment

gs1000 setup

hI GS750,

WE NEED more racers on here talking setups and racing. I have a 78 1000 that i play with. It was all stock bike (pipe and pods, -1 on front (14tooth)) with me on it at 1320 dragstrip best I ran 13.09 and was in 4th thru the traps. I now have removed a bunch of weight, dropped the seat , pingel struts, extended 4" swingarm, and put on new 530 chain. I havent taken it to strip yet but ran 130mph at the ohio mile getting my ecta race license. I plan to put a different gearing in and play this year again

I plan to put the new M&H 4 " slick on the bike and am curious about what you have done up in your bike, I am wanting to do what u talk about, no wheelie bars, foot shift hand clutch, dragbike. curious about what ur run routine is and your bike is like.

Thanks

Matt

Comment

It has an 844 big bore kit 10-1/4 forged pistons mega cycle cam ported and polished head. ...I stretched it out 8" (D&G chassis. ..great people awesome work and price)...4"m and h race master. ...its the only company that has a 18x4 square slick....works awesome. ...believe it or not I have a stock clutch with heavy duty spings...never had a problem with slipping. ...dyna s ignition with the dyna green coils.....I run vp 110 and iridium spark plugs. ...kick start only...I love watching people's faces when it fires up first kick stone cold!!!!

Comment

My Yellow GS street bike went a 6.71 @ 102 mph in the 1/8 mile and 10.62 @ 125 mph in the 1/4 It set up is basically a stock 1150 with a 1175 cc kit? I have not had the head off yet but it is a stock head and cams. The mods I know of are 39mm FCR Keihins carbs, Full Harris exhaust, Dana S Ign. and coils, Dana DLR400 With launch limiter set at 4000rpm, MTC slider clutch set at 4400 with 2 washers on each arm, -1 to +5 over JMC swingarm set at 64" wheel base, air shifter, 530 sprockets 15/48 gearing, strapped frontend, 5.5 GSXR1100 rear wheel with Shinko street tire and GSXR1100 inverted frontend and brakes.
                  I leave off the launch limiter with a button at about 1/2 throttle I am getting 1.60' sixty footers but still not comfortable with it I want to try full throttle launches but is a little scary trusting the slider to do the job and it is so late reacting to the light with a button my trees sucked really bad so I am putting a delay box on it for next weekend to try to fix the slow r/t times. I think it might be easier to ride not have to worry about getting off a button and holding on. I'll let ya know how it goes next weekend
                  Last edited by stetracer; 02-24-2014, 06:41 PM.
                  My stable
                  84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
                  85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
                  88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
                  98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
                  90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
                  06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
                  00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

Working...
                  X