Fork performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork performance?

I have a gs550 that I'm slowly buying parts for to do a major build next winter on. I'm wanting to put a dual disc front end on it and was looking on ebay and found a 81 gs850 front end I've taken a liking too....

My question is, is there anywhere that has write ups on different front ends (keeping it a suzuki and from a gs model) that have what perform the best?

P.S. I'm open to 750,850,1000 i don't really care about whack it came from i just want the best front end with a naturalist look.

If you go with 650 or 750 forks you can get dual brakes and keep your 35mm triple clamps. Go with the 1980 and later calipers and discs, they are lighter and brake better.

Or go with Saltimonk's twin pot brake upgrade, I have done it on two bikes so far, it rocks.

Put cartridge emulators in the forks and you can get a pretty good suspension.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Thanks tent i was originally looking for 650 forks but they seem somewhat harder to find. i haven't looked for 750s but i will.

Comment

Originally posted by CutNup View Post
        Thanks tent i was originally looking for 650 forks but they seem somewhat harder to find. i haven't looked for 750s but i will.
        I may have an extra set…….. If you're not in a hurry.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

im in no hurry at all i won't be tearing it down until next winter.

Comment

Working...
          X