Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please

1982 gs750t. I just cleaned my carbs. I dipped them for 8 hours each, i cleaned every hole with a wire. I set the air screws to 2.5 each. The bike doesn't want to start. I finally got the bike started and it wants to ideal at 4k. When I add throttle in short burst it will rev up. If I keep the throttle on it will die. I got the battery tested and it's good. What should I do?

Did it start, run and idle normally before you cleaned the carbs? Did you disassemble the carbs COMPLETELY? Did you replace all the rubber "O" rings in the carbs?
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

double check you have cleaned the carbs properly AND reassembled them correctly,make sure the float bowls are filling with fuel, and,make sure you have no air leaks
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I see you posted a week ago about low voltage at your coils, did you get that fixed?
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

I took the carbs off because the bike would not start. Before this problem the bike would idle perfect. I replaced all off the orings.

Comment

I did a coil relay mod and now I am getting 11 volts at coils when starting bike. I also installed new spark plugs

Comment

Did you do a near perfect bench synch on the carbs? or better yet have you had them vacuumed synched?
              Rob
              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Doesn't want to start??? when you cleaned the carbs did you pay attention to "choke" circuit passages ? if it takes off to 4k, maybe the "choke" is sticking open -check cable for proper adjustment
                1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I did a bench sync. I used a safety pin to make sure they were all the same. Could I of sync the carbs to open? I got the orings from cycle orings .com

Comment

try turning the idle screw down, until it idles at a reasonable speed. it may start better then as well
                    1978 GS1085.

Comment

I double checked the choke passages. Maybe I missed something

Comment

I just checked the idle screw. I unscrewed the idle screw and nothing changed. If I apply choke it idles at 6k

Comment

have you connected the vacuum hose to the carbs correctly?
                          1978 GS1085.

Comment

I didn't put the air box back on yet. That might effect the throttle? !

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                              have you connected the vacuum hose to the carbs correctly?
                              I connected the hose the way they were when I took them off

Comment

Working...
                              X