No announcement yet.

How's the CB1100 selling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't it at least have good modern suspension? That should count for something.
    sigpic
    1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
    1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
    1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
    On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
    All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

You know, Honda screwed the pooch with the CB-1000 in the day too. I was intrigued with that, but they really detuned the 1000 Hurricane motor. Later on, Triumph didn't detune the triple for the Speed Triple, and it sold. The B King didn't sell many though, and it wasn't detuned I don't think.

I have not ridden a CB-1100. For me, every bike is a touring bike. I want to be able to stay on it for a long time. The CB 1100 seat does not look like the seats that my experience tells me are comfortable. It looks too thin for a 600 mile day.

I put it in the category of the GB-500. Cute, but not useful for my purposes. My dad had a GB 500, and neither of us liked to ride it very far.
      Last edited by 850 Combat; 07-29-2017, 05:11 PM.
      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
        You know, Honda screwed the pooch with the CB-1 in the day too. I was intrigued with that, but they really detuned the 1000 Hurricane motor. Later on, Triumph didn't detune the triple for the Speed Triple, and it sold. The B King didn't sell many though, and it wasn't detuned I don't think.

I have not ridden a CB-1100. For me, every bike is a touring bike. I want to be able to stay on it for a long time. The CB 1100 seat does not look like the seats that my experience tells me are comfortable. It looks too thin for a 600 mile day.

I pup it in the category of the GB-500. Cute, but not useful for my purposes. My dad had a GB 500, and neither of us liked to ride it very far.
        The CB-1 was a 400, if I recall correctly. I rather liked that little machine.
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
          The CB-1 was a 400, if I recall correctly. I rather liked that little machine.
          You are correct. It was the CB 1000 I meant. Frankly the CB 1000 or the CB1100 have enough power for me, but I still believe that the detuned engine made them harder to sell in the new motorcycle marketplace.
          sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
          X