How's the CB1100 selling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Montanaman View Post
    Your V65 looks good. They made lots of power, and the magazine testers said it was hard to launch down the 1/4 mile track because it wanted to wheelie
    Pee Wee Gleason never had a problem launching it!

Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
    87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
    99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
    15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

I've always loved those 65's, but have seen so many blow 2nd gear out I've stayed away. More of a Yami guy outside of my GS anyway That commercial with Pee Wee is awesome!!

Comment

Selling out in BC? I haven't seen one outside of the bike show... last year's bike show!
        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
          Pee Wee Gleason never had a problem launching it!

http://youtu.be/PGfJ9IqXcoE
          I would guess he was on a Sabre, not a Magna.

Holy sheet, Batman! Just watched the video, I stand corrected.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

How about this custom CB1100 with SOHC togs and a beautiful titanium pipe.

Last edited by steve murdoch; 04-28-2014, 12:37 PM.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Apparently, not selling too well.

Current stable:

Comment

Wow, too bad I'm not closer to KY. Otherwise that would be very tempting..

Comment

"Apparently, not selling too well."

I'd like the idea of a completely new bike - if those things were Suzuki's - say a GS1100EE model, without the politically correct speed limiter that can't be programmed out, and around 90hp, I'd have one in my garage.

Or if it was a Kawi, say a KZ1000J4 - I could say the same thing.

Call me a tightwad, but my '83 GS1100ED cost me $1850 plus maybe $400 to put it in order, including new sidecovers, and a factory new petcock, and I'm thinking it'd be very competitive with the CB1100 in braking & handling.

Comment

Lurking around over at the CB1100 forum, they've got a vendor who's been successfully re-flashing the ECU's on them, and everybody is happy with their CB1100's.

Hmmm... in a few years when nice used ones are going for $4k I might add a HONDA to the garage.......

Comment

The CB1100 is a good looking bike and can be made even sharper with carefully chosen accessories. It's performance is more than adequate for most riding a standard will be used fir. I think it's true competition is nostalgia bikes from Triumph, BMW, and Moto Guzzi and against those it stacks up well.

As for being compared with Honda's and Suzuki's of the 80's I would think it's performance and handling would be close enough that in a group ride with machines of that era the rider would make the difference, not the bike.

And it's new...meets emission and noise standards...and comes with a warranty which the owner probably won't need at all. So, if you like riding more than wrenching, it's a pretty good choice.

I have a couple of old GS's in my garage and they aren't going anywhere. But if I wanted another standard the Honda would easily make the short list ahead of bikes like Triumph's Bonneville.

Comment

Not that great it appears.
                        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                          For that kind of dough, local to me, that might be really tempting.
                          sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Agreed! Great deal.
                            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

That seems too good to be true.........is it a used or demo bike?

Looks like Honda added another version for 2014. They call it the Deluxe and it comes in at just under 12k......which makes the one above an even better deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
                                That seems too good to be true.........is it a used or demo bike?

Looks like Honda added another version for 2014. They call it the Deluxe and it comes in at just under 12k......which makes the one above an even better deal.
                                I bet it's real, I posted another cheap one just a few weeks ago. Apparently, people buy them, get bored with them, and move on.
                                Current stable:

Comment

Working...
                                X