Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you!

Comment

That is correct there was no date set. I was moving, it was winter so it was no biggie... My concern is when i would try to contact him i could not get in touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
        He can log into his account apparently, can he read OT? Again not an issue, if he can't post then that was the practical aim of the ban. I think you can do PMs if you're banned too, but then I don't know if and what the different levels are.
        Join with a different profile he can do whatever he wants.
        sigpic

82 GS850
        78 GS1000
        04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
        .................________-|___\____
        ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
          Join with a different profile he can do whatever he wants.
          You'd have to have a different IP address as well. Not a really big deal as there are loads of proxies out there.....
          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
            You'd have to have a different IP address as well. Not a really big deal as there are loads of proxies out there.....
            All I've ever had to have was an alternate e-mail address.
            sigpic

82 GS850
            78 GS1000
            04 HD Fatboy

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
              All I've ever had to have was an alternate e-mail address.
              that'd be with just having two identities right? ... ie not in a banned situation, as then your IP is blocked ... and any email address from that IP is screwed

Comment

I told the Ghost about TOR. It worked for a while for him until people figured out who he was. Then he got an e-mail from Frank telling him he didn't believe he was in Russia LOL........
                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by ptexotik View Post
                  that'd be with just having two identities right? ... ie not in a banned situation, as then your IP is blocked ... and any email address from that IP is screwed
                  Yes, in a banned situation.
                  That's all I'm saying...
                  sigpic

82 GS850
                  78 GS1000
                  04 HD Fatboy

Comment

Well, inquiring minds want to know if your bike is back in your hands, it being Tuesday and all

Unless the date was specifically chosen due to April Fools day
                    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                    2007 DRz 400S
                    1999 ATK 490ES
                    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                      Well, inquiring minds want to know if your bike is back in your hands, it being Tuesday and all

Unless the date was specifically chosen due to April Fools day
                      Bump. Message to short.
                      81 gs 1100 E One owner,Me.

Comment

PHEW, quite another thread. fwiw, i am installing the sspb on my 1100 es that i bought from josh, and, in doing so, i found quite a bit more grotty, sub-standard work that had been done. i like josh, personally, but.....i wouldn't buy another bike from him, or let him do work on a bike i owned. if you read this josh, sorry, bud, maybe we can have a beer sometime.
                        1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Originally posted by ptexotik View Post
                          I don't know about the IP being blocked - most people connect through an ISP - who has the 'actual' allocated IP address - and their DHCP server just dishes out new IP's as required, from a pool - which may or may not be actual IP addresses as allocated by the international organisation.

Sort of like a home network, where you may have several computers/devices, all with a 'local' IP address served from a local DHCP server (like an ADSL modem/router) and these addresses are then run through Network Address Translation (NAT), to go out to the ISP as the one IP address allocated to your account (by the ISP's DHCP server). Which means that most users do not actually retain the same IP address for the duration of their contract with their ISP. And if the ISP's IP address is blocked - then ALL the users of that ISP are blocked from the site too.

Blocking the email address though - is quite feasible. But it just blocks THAT actual text string address. Again, not the IP address of the ISP's email server. So another address from the same server would work just fine. Otherwise - same problem as above - all users from that ISP/email server would be blocked.
                          '07 Yamaha TTR 250 - Exercycle.
                          '95 Ducati 900 SL - Duclattery
                          '81 Suzuki/Yoshi GSX1135 ET/X - Yoshi
                          '84 Suzuki McIntosh - Mac
                          '74 Yamaha YZ125A - pain in the rrr's...

Comment

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
                            PHEW, quite another thread. fwiw, i am installing the sspb on my 1100 es that i bought from josh, and, in doing so, i found quite a bit more grotty, sub-standard work that had been done.
                            What's a sspb, may I ask?
                            '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                            Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysuzyq View Post
                              What's a sspb, may I ask?
                              have a look here....

Comment

Originally posted by Steveb64 View Post
                                I don't know about the IP being blocked - .
                                awesome. cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X