No announcement yet.

Has anyone seen CAFEKID(Josh)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am dam sure if he had my bike, and my money, and i knew where he lived, i would be parked outside his appt. waiting for him, not trying to find answers or help from a computer!
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

If it comes to me sitting at his house i will.
      but my comment was about the trolling comment.

I would like to handle it as civil as possible. I was only asking if anyone hand any updated information about him or had talked to him recently.

Comment

and giving someone no choice about getting in your car is called kidnapping.

Comment

Don't get mad at GateKeeper and throwing things back at him. This is like the 3rd thread started in at least a year maybe two about Cafekid doing this to people. Most people think one member here took the thread he made too far and it turned into a free for all that didn't make Frank happy so he changed the rules after. GK is only remembering what happened and wondering if this is someone under another name trying to restart stuff. I believe the old thread was deleted.

Good luck on getting your bike back.

Comment

Originally posted by Im Faster View Post
            and giving someone no choice about getting in your car is called kidnapping.
            you call it what you want, but I did not lay a finger on the guy, only advised him very strongly to get in the car, to get to the ATM and to get my money,,,,he could have run in the other direction......

If he felt kidnapped, or whatever he could have filed charges or something, he did nothing but get me my cash.....and I never heard from him again...

you don't want to take it upon yourself.....get the police involved, the courts, Judge Judy, but getting help from here is the last place your going to find it, if his buddies are on here, they are not going to tell you squat, and the rest of us can only assume on what is or is not going on with him...

somethings the Internet cannot help you with....or the thousands of people on it......

You know where the guy lives and breaths, and you need us to help....

Get a few of your real life buddies a case of beer and sit down with the guy and hash it out......one way or another.....

or drop it like a hot rock and call it one of life's experiences.....

best of luck to you....

Comment

I don't think there is anything wrong with doing a little venting. It seems to me we need to tie in our "Services Offered" section with our "Buyer review" section a little better. Perhaps an advisory note telling the member to check it ? In any case in spite of all the posts and threads discussing this member someone slipped through the cracks and got burned. I don't know what the solution is. New members are more likely to use these services and less likely to know who is reliable. Just my opinion.....
              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

I took my bike to him 4 months ago for him to do some work.
                He does not return my calls, texts, emails, PMs.

Im starting to get worried. I went to his house and left a not on a car i know he owns, but it doesn't look like it has moved in weeks.

i know what apt building he lives in, but do not know the actual apt number.
                I did speak with the apartment managers they will get back to me Monday.

Also,if you were me what would you do in this situation?
                There are a few of us that know Josh that live nearby like you. I will try to make contact for your benefit in getting an answer from him to give to you in a PM. I'm NOT feeding the peanut gallery here by posting what he says as just knowing Josh will get you labeled the same as Josh by the "mob of concerned spectators" that just love to down others that are trying to help just because they know the person and are seeing something totally out of character from that person that they knew.

As a side note; I hope you learned a valuable lesson in not giving your money, parts and bike to someone that you didn't even get their last name before doing so not to mention their exact address. Not trying to be a dick as I know you wanted to trust him but business is business. Watch for a PM from me, let's hope the news, if any, is good news.

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
                He has a dozen or so friends on this site that defended him forever perhaps some of them could help you get your bike, money and parts back? Try a forum search to find the post where his friends were covering for him.
                Perhaps you should go to his work or the police?
                To set the record straight I tried to help the "other" guy get his carbs back and did speak to Josh once about it. I didn't go there to judge him, didn't go there to belittle him... nope I went there as a someone that would have call him a friend and just told him that he needed to take care of it. He told me some of the issues going on in his life at that time but that he would take care of it and that is all I could hope to do for the guy waiting for his parts back. I don't know if he ever did get it resolved as I didn't continue to follow it much afterward due to the continued "mob of concerned spectators" looking for anyone even remotely knowing Josh as someone to attack. I don't condone nor condemn Josh's behavior in these matters, I will just keep my thoughts on him to myself.

I realize you don't know me but I'd appreciate it if you would drop the "covering for him" just because I didn't jump in with the "mob of concerned spectators".

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                They might be tired of doing that .

I see in my crystal ball that this thead is gonna go 20 pages.....stay tuned
                Not tired of helping someone get their stuff back but I am tired of being labeled as some jack-hole for having called Josh a friend. Just 20 pages? Man, that's a massive underestimate unless Frank slams the door on this one.
                "Just Ducky, Thanks!"

Where I've ridden.

Comment

Originally posted by yank View Post
                  I did not see him on the deadbeat list,did I miss something?
                  He's not on there, though I can't imagine a legitimate reason why. He has a negative review in the reviews section, but it's on the second page by now. I don't see his name in the member's section.

I didn't see anyone defending Josh's actions the last time, though I did see several people attempt to help the aggrieved party out. If memory serves they didn't get any results, and got no thanks but did get a bunch of crap for their efforts.
                  "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

you just dont get it...
                    When i started this thread all i knew is he was a huge contributing factor to this site..
                    i see he isnt now..
                    your trashing me... and ALL I ASKED is if anyone knew anything about it.. IM NOT asking you all to fix it for me.. its just a couple simple questions..

Comment

ImFaster, delete this thread before it gets out of hand, AGAIN
                      1978 GS1085.

Comment

Why would I delete... If people would not make this something its not there would be no issue...
                        I'm just asking if any one has heard from him recently... If no then don't post... Idont hate the guy.. Just trying to civilly get my hike back.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                          ImFaster, delete this thread before it gets out of hand, AGAIN

I agree, RageZero and Steve might be able to help you. You now see the problems just saying the name Cafekid does to people here so talk to those two and shut this thread down please.

Comment

This thread has definitely helped to learn who I won't never be doing business though.

Comment

Why would I delete... If people would not make this something its not there would be no issue...
                              I'm just asking if any one has heard from him recently... If no then don't post... Idont hate the guy.. Just trying to civilly get my hike back.
                              That should be easy like you say but just wait and it will be a big mess in here by tonight.

Comment

this is not the right way to do it. man up and go get it yourself...........
                                1978 GS1085.

Comment

Working...
                                X