Are there any ladies on here or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to know you are here Dragonkarr!
    Last edited by Guest; 06-05-2014, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonkarr View Post
      Hey, I'm here too!

I know I'm not extremely active on the forum, most of the time I spend on here I'm reading up the technical sections...

I joined very recently, after buying my Sue. Found the forum while scavenging the Webs for info on my newly acquired ride
      Welcome! I think I'm the most active 'lady' on this forum right now. Well no, come to think of it I think JAG has an even bigger mouth that I do. Never mind.

Anyway, welcome!
      "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
        Welcome! I think I'm the most active 'lady' on this forum right now. Well no, come to think of it I think JAG has an even bigger mouth that I do. Never mind.

Anyway, welcome!
        Keep in mind that there is a difference between quantity and QUALITY.

Would you pass me another muffin, please?

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

^^I second that...

I'd like a Muffin too.

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

For two nice boys like yourselves, a whole batch!

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Hmmm...

^^I might just come get one...or two...or three when I get to Delaware.

Ed
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                ^^I might just come get one...or two...or three when I get to Delaware.

Ed
                All visiting GSers are given muffins. House rules.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Yowza!

Coolness!

Thanks Allie.

Ed
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Already got mine.

Mid-July, three years ago.

sigpic
                    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride
                    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Gramma Peppermint View Post
                      This is an old thread eh?
                      Peppermint Patti
                      AKA: Gramma is here!
                      Gramma how have you been? Are you riding? I am still hunting for job & bike, not necessarily in that order

Right now everyone is letting me know what bikes THEY suggest and I'm a little frustrated. I have my own "short" list for what I want, not looking for anymore ego driven men to tell me to get a HD Sporter LOL

Comment

Lila,
                        Thank you for asking. I am doing as well .....(actually better)..... than any other mature lady in my situation could do. (Big Smile) I have been saved and blessed by God, and I know it.
                        Still helping others, in fact I have a woman who's staying with me now, who is (was) in an abusive relationship. I've known her 12 years, sweet girl, and can't turn my back on her.

Years ago I had another friend in the same situation. I went to her apartment after one of their horrible fights, and asked her if she, "Was sure that crazy SOB isn't going to throw you out this 14th story window?!?"
                        Three weeks later he DID!!! Of course she is watching from Heaven now... That's why I cannot turn this current girl away. I'm sure you understand...

I've been selling my jewelry under a 10 X 10 shade in the local town.... Smallest town you've ever seen. It's only about a block long!
                        Very hard work, setting up the shade and tables and jewelry.....for only making about 25 dollars a day!
                        No other choice. I planted a garden and I won't be able to afford the water to keep it alive, if I don't bring in some extra $$$. And the older you get the harder it is to do things!

Bikes.... I forgot, do you have you any experience at all driving them? Just asking before I can give my recommendation...
                        Thanks Lila, hope you are happy and healthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Last edited by Guest; 06-09-2014, 05:51 PM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

Sad Situation

Originally posted by Gramma Peppermint View Post
                          Lila,
                          Thank you for asking. I am doing as well .....(actually better)..... than any other mature lady in my situation could do. (Big Smile) I have been saved and blessed by God, and I know it.
                          Still helping others, in fact I have a woman who's staying with me now, who is (was) in an abusive relationship. I've known her 12 years, sweet girl, and can't turn my back on her.

Years ago I had another friend in the same situation. I went to her apartment after one of their horrible fights, and asked her if she, "Was sure that crazy SOB isn't going to throw you out this 14th story window?!?"
                          Three weeks later he DID!!! Of course she is watching from Heaven now... That's why I cannot turn this current girl away. I'm sure you understand...

I've been selling my jewelry under a 10 X 10 shade in the local town.... Smallest town you've ever seen. It's only about a block long!
                          Very hard work, setting up the shade and tables and jewelry.....for only making about 25 dollars a day!
                          No other choice. I planted a garden and I won't be able to afford the water to keep it alive, if I don't bring in some extra $$$. And the older you get the harder it is to do things!

Bikes.... I forgot, do you have you any experience at all driving them? Just asking before I can give my recommendation...
                          Thanks Lila, hope you are happy and healthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          It disgusts me that there are men out there that do some stupid crap to women. The thing that gets me is being grouped with idiots like that. No wonder women are so hesitant when they meet a nice guy; they don't know what to do.

Sorry Gramma P, didn't mean to get all vocal over my feelings about stupid men.

It's great that you help those who don't see what type of relationship they are in...they must convince themselves they can do better. You're awesome!

Ed
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Lila , Do you Mind my asking which bikes are on the short list?
                            Matos law: Murphy was a lucky B@stard!
                            1979 GS850GN
                            sigpic

In memory of Dave "Gonzo" Steele
                            1975-2008

Comment

Barb, just noticed your post.
                              if you need any help with GS850 parts let me know, I might have a few bits and pieces left over from a rebuild of my GS850.
                              I'm in Atwell Perth.
                              cheers.

Comment

What the heck ever happened to Lila? Does anyone know? Is she still posting? What a nice thread this was.
                                The question Lila asked, "Are there any ladies on here?"... is still THE question... Besides Allie, are there any other women (100% women) here, that still post? Or have you naughty boys chased them all out?
                                NO FINGER POINTING PLEASE !!! Confessions, I think might be allowed....... Just thought I'd reactivate the Ladies Only section a little...

Comment

Working...
                                X