Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looney Tunes

Originally posted by Allie View Post
    That's Foggy's old college 'chum'/nemesis, Rhode Island Red. Red shows up one day, announces "Heeeere's Reeeeeeed!!!" and proceeds to drive him up the wall with college style pranks.
    OOOOHHHHHH!

Thanks for that...I get it now--I'm Red because Gramma P. accidently re-named me.

Also, because of the way I replied to Gramma P, "I usually remember conversations...but in your case, I'll make an exception." (I didn't say it quite like that but you get the gist)

My daughters bought me a Looney Tunes DVD so I can catch up on all the characters.

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Merry Christmas Allie and "Red", (I'll knock off that nickname, if it bothers you.) I sure have met some wonderful people on this site. It is a year-round present for me.
      Someone in another thread mentioned that this forum is for Frank and his friends. I don't think that's true. He is not selfish. I met Frank, by just by being a member here. The same way I met the rest of this Family.
      Just think of all the new friends that are made here daily. That's a miracle in itself... Christmas or not! Be Blessed. And know that "We are not alone"... (We have each other!)

Comment

You're Fine Gramma P.

Originally posted by Gramma Peppermint View Post
        Merry Christmas Allie and "Red", (I'll knock off that nickname, if it bothers you.) I sure have met some wonderful people on this site. It is a year-round present for me.
        Someone in another thread mentioned that this forum is for Frank and his friends. I don't think that's true. He is not selfish. I met Frank, by just by being a member here. The same way I met the rest of this Family.
        Just think of all the new friends that are made here daily. That's a miracle in itself... Christmas or not! Be Blessed. And know that "We are not alone"... (We have each other!)
        Merry Christmas Gramma P & Allie,

You can call me "Red" GP, it doesn't bother me at all. As a matter of fact, I'll add it to my signature.

Good friends are hard to find (cliche')--I'm just glad you think of me that way. (So awesome!)

Ed
        Last edited by GSXR7ED; 12-25-2014, 01:40 PM.
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

That's Foggy's old college 'chum'/nemesis, Rhode Island Red. Red shows up one day, announces "Heeeere's Reeeeeeed!!!" and proceeds to drive him up the wall with college style pranks.
          Two of my favorites Foghorn quotes:

"Ya gotta be a magician to keep a boy's attention more than a few seconds."

"Fortunately, I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency."
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Merry Christmas to both of you.

Whatever reason Frank has for continuing this forum, I doubt it's for his own personal enjoyment or gain. Thanks for continuing Frank!

If you want to see Red in action, I think the cartoon is called 'Raw Raw Rooster'. Coincidentally I got a Uke for Christmas, so now I can go around playing pranks on people like Red. I need a big fur coat though.
            "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Paintings of hens & Cockerels by contemporary Irish artist Mary Wallace. Beautiful chickens with iridesent plumage which change colour as perspective shifts.

Shameless plug for my better half's work. Just had to share them. Everyone's life sems to be touched by chickens and roosters. Must be some deep level relationship or something. Enjoy the pics.
              97 R1100R
              Previous
              80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
                http://www.artwallace.com/hens-and-cockerels

Shameless plug for my better half's work. Just had to share them. Everyone's life sems to be touched by chickens and roosters. Must be some deep level relationship or something. Enjoy the pics.
                Wow, those are fantastic! Consider them fully enjoyed, I'd so buy one of those! 330 Euros, what's that like 5,000 USD?

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Wow, those are fantastic! Consider them fully enjoyed, I'd so buy one of those! 330 Euros, what's that like 5,000 USD?
                  Thank you.
                  Yeah she is a bit out of my league, always was. Still the odd one lays golden eggs so I'm told
                  97 R1100R
                  Previous
                  80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

2 to 1 Ratio

Not quite $5K Allie, but those are nice pieces of art.
                    Last edited by GSXR7ED; 12-26-2014, 10:49 PM.
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

My wife Reda was a GSR member (rrok220) when we met over 5 years ago, but since I started wrenching on her '77 gs550b with her, she hasn't frequented the forum enough (was always digging up technical info), & her account got deleted. She was the reason I got into GS's, as I would have probably been riding a CB750 now if it weren't for her trading her good running but heavy/ugly Honda SilverWing for a total basket case GS550 that is now a fine running good looking rat bike! "Rad Reda" is awesome. If any ladies ever go to a West Virginia or Red River Gorge Kentucky GS Meet-up/Rally, let me know, as she would feel more inclined to come if so. We go to West Virginia several times a year to ride & camp/hike/mountain bike/rock climb/white water raft.

Reda's bike, lowered 1.5" & shorter seat installed to make up for being 5'4" with short legs:
                      '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
                      '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
                      '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
                      '79 GS425stock
                      PROJECTS:
                      '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
                      '77 GS550 740cc major mods
                      '77 GS400 489cc racer build
                      '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
                      '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Rat Bike

^^That's a "meaty" lookin' bike Chuck...the suspension in the back must be stiff; not much room to absorb what the road sends to the frame.

Of course, I like the color of the tank and the side covers (silver & black). As long as I can get a shine on the chrome, I won't be painting my front tire fender.

This bike also has a single disk up front and drums in the rear...apart from the spoke wheels and kick-start (8V engine/pods/bars/long pipe) she reminds me of my "T".

I'm glad you stuck with the GS and not the CB. Nice bike (if I forgot to mention it).

Ed
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck78 View Post
                          My wife Reda was a GSR member (rrok220) when we met over 5 years ago, but since I started wrenching on her '77 gs550b with her, she hasn't frequented the forum enough (was always digging up technical info), & her account got deleted. She was the reason I got into GS's, as I would have probably been riding a CB750 now if it weren't for her trading her good running but heavy/ugly Honda SilverWing for a total basket case GS550 that is now a fine running good looking rat bike! "Rad Reda" is awesome. If any ladies ever go to a West Virginia or Red River Gorge Kentucky GS Meet-up/Rally, let me know, as she would feel more inclined to come if so. We go to West Virginia several times a year to ride & camp/hike/mountain bike/rock climb/white water raft.

Reda's bike, lowered 1.5" & shorter seat installed to make up for being 5'4" with short legs:
                          That bike is so cool! Reda sounds pretty awesome too.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

The taillight is missing in that photo, as we just retrofitted that unknown model seat to it minutes before the photo. It now has some real sharp looking 2.5" polished stainless steel mini gauges that she is very pleased with. That rim that came on the rear is actually a 16" H-D style rim, but it is bent all to heck & spokes don't all want to turn, so I plan to lace in a 3.00x17 at some point.

Yes, the ride is in my opinion terribly harsh in the rear, but she doesn't complain. I was hoping to find some better shocks with around a 110lbs/in rate. Those were cheapo "lowering" shocks in 11.5" length for Yamaha XS's I believe. The rear fender is also lowered slightly to accommodate that seat, so it looks even lower. Still corners great with upgraded fork springs & Shinko 230 TouMaster tires, but I'm afraid to lean it too far down. Exhausts are OEM headers with a stub welded on at the proper angle to mount EMGO Dunstall style megaphones. The aggressive GS550 OEM cams really really sound AWESOME through those.

She is a bit of a speed demon, & although as is the bike is quite quick (pods/pipe/rejetted), I gathered all the parts necessary to do a 673cc top end swap with '89-97 Katana 600 carbs and a gs650 4-1. Have to try & adapt a single Dunstall muffler to the larger header then to continue to showcase the raspy tone of the 550 cams.
                            '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
                            '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
                            '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
                            '79 GS425stock
                            PROJECTS:
                            '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
                            '77 GS550 740cc major mods
                            '77 GS400 489cc racer build
                            '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
                            '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Chuck, What a wonderful story! A wedding of family members!!! Let's celebrate it now; "Hip - Hip - Horray!!!"
                              I hope Reda pops in to say hello again. She does sound like a cool chick! I'm proud of her.
                              You are a very special guy also, to pamper her bike, (and her). You two are very lucky. May the Great Spirit be always with you!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck78 View Post
                                The taillight is missing in that photo, as we just retrofitted that unknown model seat to it minutes before the photo. It now has some real sharp looking 2.5" polished stainless steel mini gauges that she is very pleased with. That rim that came on the rear is actually a 16" H-D style rim, but it is bent all to heck & spokes don't all want to turn, so I plan to lace in a 3.00x17 at some point.

Yes, the ride is in my opinion terribly harsh in the rear, but she doesn't complain. I was hoping to find some better shocks with around a 110lbs/in rate. Those were cheapo "lowering" shocks in 11.5" length for Yamaha XS's I believe. The rear fender is also lowered slightly to accommodate that seat, so it looks even lower. Still corners great with upgraded fork springs & Shinko 230 TouMaster tires, but I'm afraid to lean it too far down. Exhausts are OEM headers with a stub welded on at the proper angle to mount EMGO Dunstall style megaphones. The aggressive GS550 OEM cams really really sound AWESOME through those.

She is a bit of a speed demon, & although as is the bike is quite quick (pods/pipe/rejetted), I gathered all the parts necessary to do a 673cc top end swap with '89-97 Katana 600 carbs and a gs650 4-1. Have to try & adapt a single Dunstall muffler to the larger header then to continue to showcase the raspy tone of the 550 cams.
                                Just a guess, but the stiff suspension might not have the same impact on someone who is 'volumetrically economical' as it would on some of us who, er, are not. Though it could end up being worse, I'm not sure how it works. At any rate, a compact person on that bike (with a, ah, heavy wrist) would be difficult to keep up with. Sounds like a lot of fun!

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Working...
                                X