May I promote my site in my signature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May I promote my site in my signature?

I recently started a sport-touring driven website that I'd like to "shamelessly promote" in my signature, like so ...

My Website: http://www.###.com/

Is this acceptable or would I be violating policy?

The site feature a few members for the GS Resources, if that helps.

As long as it's related to Suzuki/Motorcycles and it's not obnoxiously promoted (as in large red bold lettering or something), I don't see why not.

Although, I'm not a veteran member here, so you should probably wait for someone else to answer :-P

Comment

Heh, sounds like you've been burned on other forums with Nazi Moderators. This forum is pretty laid back, so do what you like. Lots of people have links in their sigs to various sites/interests of theirs (including me) and there's never been any trouble over it.

What's your site?
      Charles
      --
      1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

I am NOT a moderator but will say, like the others, as long as it is not obnoxiously presented, it will be fine.

Others on the forum that have "their sites" in their signatures include Rich Desmond (owner of Sonic Springs) and Jeff Saunders (co-owner of Z1 Enterprises). Both of these guys are valuable resources and provide plenty of advise within their respective fields without saying "yes, you can get that from my store". They do mention their stores, but don't really advertise them.

What's your site?

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I'm late getting back to this but wanted to say thank you for the info.

My site is The Riding Obsession - a niche domain that's dedicated to sport-touring.

She's still a baby and construction continues but for the most part, all of the functionality is in working order. I invite (and beg for) outside content contributions. All I require is that it pertain to Sport Touring (think bikes that look Lamborghini but ride Cadillac). There's a link at the bottom of every page that you can click to write an article or post.

Anyhoo, that's my commercial splurge. Now, back to your regularly scheduled forum-ing-imication-izing.

p.s. @Joe Nardy and others are already pouring some impressive content into it. Thanks!

Comment

I don't have a website but do have a facebook page for my hobby business. If you don't already have a page on facebook, I highly recommend you get one.
            Here's mine.

Gofast Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning/Rebuilding Service.
            80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Originally posted by Groove_Daddy View Post
              I'm late getting back to this but wanted to say thank you for the info.

My site is The Riding Obsession - a niche domain that's dedicated to sport-touring.

She's still a baby and construction continues but for the most part, all of the functionality is in working order. I invite (and beg for) outside content contributions. All I require is that it pertain to Sport Touring (think bikes that look Lamborghini but ride Cadillac). There's a link at the bottom of every page that you can click to write an article or post.

Anyhoo, that's my commercial splurge. Now, back to your regularly scheduled forum-ing-imication-izing.

p.s. @Joe Nardy and others are already pouring some impressive content into it. Thanks!
              It seems like a cool website, I dig into it later. Thanks for sharing.
              My Motorcycles:
              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)
              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

My site is in my signature. I'm planning on writing up some guides with pictures on my bike to supplement BikeCliff's site.

Comment

Gosh, they let FreeBSD users ride motorcycles now?

Kidding aside, it's great to run into another open source geek. I have a blog that I've been neglecting for years that shows a couple of my numerous projects: http://bityard.blogspot.com/
                  Charles
                  --
                  1979 Suzuki GS850G

Comment

Cool! Yeah, I'm a geek at heart, haha. Your blog reminded me that I need to dig up my RaspberryPi and use it for something! Maybe I can throw it on my motorcycle somehow...hrmm....

Comment

We've had a few members here prototype various projects with an Arduino. Some day I'd like to make my own dash, but that's waaaaaaay down on the priority/feasibility list.

These days, my Raspberry Pi spends its days in the basement being a backup server.
                      Charles
                      --
                      1979 Suzuki GS850G

Comment

Working...
                      X