Bought my first motorcycle yesterday, 1980 GS550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straubzilla View Post
    Just would like to say hello, and that I am looking forward to researching the information available here. I've been buying, restoring, and selling vintage mopeds (mostly puch) for the last 3-4 years. Very much looking forward to improving my riding ability and mechanical know-how through exploring the world of 4 stroke, manual transmission motorcycles (all my experience thus far has been with small, automatic 2 stroke engines.) I saw this bike on Craigslist about a week ago listed for $1000, so I met the owner and after going over everything I was able to buy it for $800 after all was said and done. Although it has about 35,000 miles on it, it just had inspection in March and given a clean bill of health. He also had a bunch of maintenance records and service receipts that came with it, as well as a box of extra parts. Sooooo, next on the list is learn how to ride it and get my motorcycle license...

TL;DR : I have no idea what I'm doing yet, but am already very much in love with my GS550

Great looking bike!

Comment

great starter

Nice bike! I had 2 gs550's before I bumped to something bigger. Perfect starter bike. Plenty of power, but still easy to handle.

Enjoy, and safe riding

Comment

Working...
      X