No announcement yet.

GS850 1983 .This is a serious question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sound interesting.........looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
      Yep, dey all do dat. And it's a lot of fun.

Honestly, I've ridden a few examples of an 1100G/GL and a 1000G/GL, and the 850 is far more entertaining.

(Turn your sound down almost all the way... I didn't know how to set a level when I uploaded this.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sQVv8v79io
      ...Yes...! Like that...
      Currently in the Stable :
      2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
      1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
      - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

I must say, I was very surprised how well my 850 pulled for an old girl

Comment

Originally posted by Wingsconsin View Post
          1) 70 MPH in 2nd gear ...
          Ah yes.... Yes, indeed. I remember fondly the time I did the same thing. Had to turn around and go pick my jaw up off the ground.

I actually like how docile my 850 is at low RPMs compared to the 750. It's way more forgiving at low speeds (i.e. when turning) plus the lower center of gravity (it's an L model) make it ideal for commuting.

2) 60 to 80 MPH in a blink ....
          My 750E is geared such that its RPMs are lower than 850 at the same speed and it has much smoother delivery. Plus a fairing. So I often find myself going 15-20 mph faster than I really intended to.

TL;DR: GS are fun.
          Charles
          --
          1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Try feeling the power band with a well tuned big block 1100.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by eil View Post
              Ah yes.... Yes, indeed. I remember fondly the time I did the same thing. Had to turn around and go pick my jaw up off the ground.

I actually like how docile my 850 is at low RPMs compared to the 750. It's way more forgiving at low speeds (i.e. when turning) plus the lower center of gravity (it's an L model) make it ideal for commuting.

[B]

My 750E is geared such that its RPMs are lower than 850 at the same speed and it has much smoother delivery. Plus a fairing. So I often find myself going 15-20 mph faster than I really intended to.

TL;DR: GS are fun.
              I think the docility of the bike at lower RPMs and the ferocity of the bike at higher RPMs is what surprised me so much ...

My L model is going to be purpose specific for Commuting. ?.

Hards bags were mounted this week ...no trunk ...I like a bagger ...

Pictures soon ....
              Currently in the Stable :
              2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
              1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
              - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

stock exhaust?

these videos want me to get mine finished. quick.

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                Yep, dey all do dat. And it's a lot of fun.

Honestly, I've ridden a few examples of an 1100G/GL and a 1000G/GL, and the 850 is far more entertaining.

(Turn your sound down almost all the way... I didn't know how to set a level when I uploaded this.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sQVv8v79io

Comment

Working...
                X