Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    That's not it, that's the other one.
    i backed up a few pages and the op listed an ebay #......the one i checked/posted.
    so he had more than one for sale?

Comment

No, he's just blowing smoke. Remember the one a few months ago that sold a GS450L for $7,000 or some such nonsense?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
        Blowerbike, didn't you mean "worm gear"?

the only valuable part on the kicker 750's is the oil pump gears.
        i mean parts wise not the bike itself.
        the bike is worth what someone will pay but suzuki's are still a 10 miles behind kawi's value...not the CSR/LTD j model crap....just sayin..

Comment

ok i am lost...but!
          i have been lost before!

yeah the 450L guy that had a man crush on a member or 2 here?
          Last edited by blowerbike; 05-16-2014, 10:45 PM. Reason: hmm

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
            the only valuable part on the kicker 750's is the oil pump gears.
            i mean parts wise not the bike itself.
            the bike is worth what someone will pay but suzuki's are still a 10 miles behind kawi's value...not the CSR/LTD j model crap....just sayin..
            People are starting to spend big money for KZ1000J (standard) models as well. I've seen a couple nice ones on ebay go for over $4,000.

I know of one that's been sitting in a barn getting pigeon-pooed on for over fifteen years. It might be time to dig it out and start the restoration.
            sigpic

SUZUKI:
            1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
            HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
            KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
            YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Yes I was looking for a KZ1000ST but the few good ones that went on e-bay were crazy money…over 10K each and they were not minters…very nice but not immaculate. Seems some models command very high prices. Will keep looking around locally which is where I got the GS from...

Comment

Originally posted by Trent777 View Post
                Yes I was looking for a KZ1000ST but the few good ones that went on e-bay were crazy money…over 10K each and they were not minters…very nice but not immaculate. Seems some models command very high prices. Will keep looking around locally which is where I got the GS from...
                So....what was the auction number for your GS750 that you claimed ended early with four offers over $3,000, that nobody here saw listed on ebay?
                sigpic

SUZUKI:
                1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

BR549 again.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                    People are starting to spend big money for KZ1000J (standard) models as well. I've seen a couple nice ones on ebay go for over $4,000.

I know of one that's been sitting in a barn getting pigeon-pooed on for over fifteen years. It might be time to dig it out and start the restoration.
                    a J standard is a different animal than the LTD and CSR which i was referring to.
                    i have an 82 GPZ1100 with 10k miles(not stock)...go figure me owning a farm animal.
                    not sure the real value on these but i like it the more i ride it..even though i don't own any kawi parts..
                    maybe i'll find a nice 1150E trade one of these days
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by blowerbike; 06-13-2014, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                      a J standard is a different animal than the LTD and CSR which i was referring to.
                      i have an 82 GPZ1100 with 10k miles(not stock)...go figure me owning a farm animal.
                      not sure the real value on these but i like it the more i ride it..even though i don't own any kawi parts..
                      maybe i'll find a nice 1150E trade one of these days
                      The GS1100E/ES was superior in just about every way to the GPZ1100, except one - Coolness.

The big GPZs were rare enough when new, and since most of them were torn up for roadracing and drag racing, almost nonexistent now. They are valuable if for no other reason than they are extremely rare, particularly one in the shape yours is in.

Even more rare and valuable than a 1977 GS750, believe it or not.
                      sigpic

SUZUKI:

Comment

I have a magazine test of the 1000J at home. By the time it came out, It was as good as a performer in speed and handling as a GS1000, according to Cycle magazine. Less compliant suspension though. Good bike, but I can't imagine them ever having the value of the earlier bikes. Not that I care. I like the GS series because they are cheap, and because they can do what I want for next to no money.
                        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Thanks for that. It is exceptionally nice. I couldn't tell if the clear on the botor was all intact, or removed.

My personal experience with buying a mint nearly unused bike, one of my 850Gs had 3000 miles when I got it, once you start using it, the clear on the motor fails right away. Thats what mine did, anyway. After that, it is just a really nice rider.
                          sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

No problem. About the kaws, I like the J models, the CSRs I dont care for at all though. This one one I found a few years ago locally.

Comment

hi to all on GS forums - I'm over in the UK, and have an imported (from USA) single disc, spoked wheels 1977 GS750B. I'm the second UK owner - the first had the bike resprayed in gloss black (as per our later GS750DB option, IIRC), but I'd like to restore it back to its original USA colour and specification. I'm told that initially there was only a (Maui?) blue or red option available in the US - is the bike pictured in post #1 the first, proper blue version, and if so, does anybody have the paint name/code for it? Many thanks for any help!

Comment

Working...
                              X