Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bom candidate as she sits

Comment

Jeeze , wouldn't that make a great chopper bobber rat thingy .

Mate , you've scored yourself one of the nicest bikes on here .

Rat bobber chop that and I'll travel from the other side of the world and call you a poo poo head to your face .

Enjoy the ride .

Cheers , Simon .

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Wow! That bike is beautiful!

Comment

1977 gs750

Originally posted by jabcb View Post
          WOW!

Please keep the bike stock. A vintage bike that nice deserves to be kept stock.
          The bike is being kept stock, I always prefer stock.
          The bike came with 2 things not stock.
          Padded rubber grips and a custom King/Queen type seat.
          Kicker is it also came with the original seat wrapped up in plastic in a box so swapped it back out. The original seat being taken off on delivery so all intents and purposes a NOS seat. Original P/N grips sourced from a Suzuki dealer in the UK has replaced the non standard grips so she is back to her former glory.
          She started right up but idled a bit rough. Ran perfectly at higher revs. Sounds and rides like new. Will probably just go through pilots and maybe get the carbs tuned properly.
          The price? Let's just say I think I got a very good deal.
          Maybe putting it back on the market soon as funds are needed towards buying a house.

Comment

Great looking bike. I'd agree...that's keeper.

Comment

Wow.....definitely a keeper! Enjoy...
              '79 GS750 - 4th and current ride...first since 1983
              '73 CB350 - 1st ride
              '76 GT750 - 2nd ride - the "water buffalo" - sold to buy an engagement ring
              '79 RD400F Daytona Special - 3rd ride, the last of the street legal US 2-strokes - sold to buy a house

Comment

Originally posted by Trent777 View Post
                The bike is being kept stock, I always prefer stock.
                The bike came with 2 things not stock.
                Padded rubber grips and a custom King/Queen type seat.
                Kicker is it also came with the original seat wrapped up in plastic in a box so swapped it back out. The original seat being taken off on delivery so all intents and purposes a NOS seat. Original P/N grips sourced from a Suzuki dealer in the UK has replaced the non standard grips so she is back to her former glory.
                She started right up but idled a bit rough. Ran perfectly at higher revs. Sounds and rides like new. Will probably just go through pilots and maybe get the carbs tuned properly.
                The price? Let's just say I think I got a very good deal.
                Maybe putting it back on the market soon as funds are needed towards buying a house.
                Definitely a keeper.

But it would look better sitting beside my two GT750s.
                Might be interested if you decide to sell.

Comment

Will try and get it on evil bay shortly with more pics.
                  Hate to see it go but moving to temp residence with no garage so she has to go.

Comment

Have you thought about how much you want for it?
                    If you have then maybe forum member might be interested.

Comment

Don't really know what a mint bike like this is worth which is why I will put it on ebay and see what happens. I have over 3K in it with shipping so will be looking for someone who really wants one or had one new at one time. When taking pics I,m just amazed at the condition its in. It still has the yellow factory anti rotation paint on the vital points like rear brake caliper bolt etc.

Comment

OK will be on evil bay tomorrow and will probably have a buy it now feature.
                        There should be some nice pics with it…..but it has to go!!

Comment

Prefer it went to someone here that really appreciates it. E-mail me with genuine interest and I will send you further pics. Always prefer it should go to a good home that appreciates it for what it truly is…..Thanks

Comment

Love the bike, very nice. You'd be hard to pressed to squeeze $2500 out of it around these parts (the midwest) but Ebay should help you considerably. It's going to take a GS lover to pony up the cash. Maybe it ends up at that guy in Colorado who has the museum

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi,

That is a mint looking bike. However, it will need some maintenance eventually.

If you are here you probably have a 30 year old motorcycle that needs about 20 years worth of maintenance. In the links below you'll find maintenance lists, documentation, wiring diagrams, "how to" guides, vendor links, tips, tricks, and a whole lot of GS goodness. This is your "mega-welcome". Let's get started.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please Click Here For Your Mega-Welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

More links to helpful threads in the forum:
                              Help! Your Bike Won't Start
                              DON'T DO THESE THINGS
                              Help! Your Bike Won't Run Well
                              Oh God! Pods!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks Basscliff for the warm and helpful welcome,
                                So much good info there, I have restored quite a few old Kawa Triples so I know what work has to be done even from an apparently good one.
                                This Suzuki has obviously been looked after meticulously. Looks like fluids have regularly been changed and the bike serviced regularly. It has some documents proving this. I,ve seen some "minters" before but this really is the best I have seen. I went to clean the pilots last week and inside the carbs everything was in perfect condition.
                                It really is like you go back 37 years and this bike is like a few months old, a real time capsule, the more I look the more I,m inclined to keep it.

Comment

Working...
                                X