No announcement yet.

New member just bought mint 1977 GS750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Follow your gut - keep it. Gorgeous bike.

Comment

Keep it.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Keep it.....

Comment

If you're going to try to sell it for upwards of $3,500, I encourage you to give it a shot. List it on ebay and see what happens. Odd are pretty good (overwhelming, in fact) that it won't sell. But.

You might, just might, find the guy who is now 55 years old, but "back in the day" had that exact model in that color for his first motorcycle. He went into the Suzuki dealer with his dad when he was 18, and he had a grand to put down on it, and his dad covered the rest. To him, it might be worth the ridiculous amount you have into it, and he just might buy it to park in his garage (or den, if he's divorced) and relive his youth, not by riding it, but just looking at it.

Not meaning to burst your bubble, but you said you had no idea what a mint GS is worth. What that bike is worth as a daily rider for someone isn't much more than one that is rideable but not mint is worth, because it still needs electrical, suspension, and braking upgrades, as well as new tires. That's going to cost someone over $500 in parts alone, plus their time.

In short, nobody who intends to ride the bike more than a couple times a year is going to pay half of what you want for it. If they just want it to look at and relive their youth, they might pay all that you want for it. You'll just have to find that guy, and it will probably take quite a while.
          sigpic

SUZUKI:
          1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
          HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
          KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
          YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

You GS Guys!
            Just restored my 1975 H2C 750 Kawa and sold it for $12.5 K. My restored 1975 S1C 250 Kawa sold for $5.5 K.
            Your right I,m looking for someone who maybe had one of these in the day, or always wanted one but couldn't get it. Maybe the 4 stroke Suzi's don't bring anywhere near their GT 2 stroke sisters….but when they are like this one they might or should.
            I reckon It should sell easy but maybe Griffin is right and these GS's are not that sought after in this condition. I wouldn't put this in the class of daily rider either that would be just plain stupid. Griffin also said I had a ridiculous amount into it (Just over 3K with shipping and the few NOS parts I bought from Suzuki). I personally am more than happy with that. You wouldn't believe the amount of rusty crap out there of all ages going for more than that.
            I,ll be happy to keep it if it doesn't sell.
            After taking the restricted fuel line off, cleaning all the jets and replacing the non original grips, fuel cock and lines with genuine NOS Suzuki parts she is running like a swiss watch and is a pleasure to ride. Will get a few more pics up soon for your assessment…..

Last edited by Guest; 05-12-2014, 10:58 AM.

Comment

P.S Why do the threads on the pages go backwards i.e last thread goes to page1. Most forums start on page 1 and so on.
              P.P.S Update the GS might be sold even before going on evil bay tomorrow.
              Some guy out fitness walking stopped to look at it in the drive. He used to work for a Honda dealer back in the 70's and worked on CB's. Loved the bike, couldn't believe it wasn't completely restored and didn't choke when given the price

Comment

I wish you good luck, but until money actually changes hands I wouldn't count on it. I have had my share of tire kickers over the years and don't consider anything sold until I'm holding the greens.
                And on the post issue, go to your control panel, edit options, thread display, and change to oldest first.
                Last edited by Guest; 05-12-2014, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks for that, don't worry I never count my chickens before they hatch. It's all good as it will be on evil bay tomorrow anyways so never knows until you try….

Comment

Thread order reversal...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=217352
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

She's a purty one! I think I drove one like that in 1976!! Sold me on the new 4 stroke Suzukis. That's a keeper for sure, enjoy. Ray
                      "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
                      GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
                      1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
                      1979 GS1000SN The new hope
                      1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

I bet you can get close to 3500 for it. Very clean. In the pics it looks practically museum quality.

By the time someone buys a rough non running one of those for $500... They would have way more than that in time and parts to get it to that condition.
                        82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                        80 gs1000s

Comment

Exactly. Hey if you want to buy a heap of crap, source parts, rechroming and other services. Spend thousands and then have something completely unoriginal then fine. People like to spend dozens of hours over months in the garage, done it myself but hey if you don't want that then you buy something like this. Simples

Comment

Looks like you guys are right on the money. There is one on evil bay similar condition to mine struggling to make 3K at the moment. Looks like a keeper then……ebay 161300181308.
                            Hell it would be worth getting this as a stablemate for mine

Comment

I have not seen that paint scheme.
                              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                              X