Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandy Utah you say.......
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
      Kitchen sink my a$$ ! Beer and freezer packs !

Aaah even better.
      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Trevor and Glenn have asked me to post a few pictures for them as apparently it "cuts into their drinking time"

There hotel. Personally I'd rather see a pic of The Prodigal Son Pub

Stevens Pass

View from the hotel

Ferry lineup off Vancouver Island leading to civilization
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

Awesome, thanks Garth, I will keep them coming and they should get more interesting. By the way the gps must be broken as there is no way we had a top speed of 108 mph!
          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            Awesome, thanks Garth, I will keep them coming and they should get more interesting. By the way the gps must be broken as there is no way we had a top speed of 108 mph!
            You can email them from The Bohemian Brewery in Sandy.....{ I'm following your trip brew pub by brew pub }
            Last edited by bccap; 05-01-2014, 03:58 PM.
            1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              I'm glad you cleared that up. I was thinking it must have been kph.....

cg
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

It will be a great trip. Spent a lot of time in Moab and surrounding area over the years. You have to hit Eddie McStiff's Brew Pub just for the gong show. Beer and food is probably a bit better at the Moab Brewery though.
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Well, so far so good! We achieved our goal of getting to Sandy, Utah today. Tomorrow morning we get some servicing done to the bikes and we'll be good to go. Tentatively thinking about going to Panguitch or Tropic tomorrow where we'll check out Bryce Canyon. Then maybe taking Hwy12 to Moab to see Arches NP, then down to Mexican Hat for Monument Valley and across to Zion NP. After that Nevada and Northern California, I know Hwy36 and Hwy3 are awesome, plus we happen to know someone who lives in the area. (Hi Charlie)

Oh, here's the record from the GPS for today, I don't know what's wrong with those satellites, we couldn't have been doing those speeds! Good averages too!

IBA# 12860
                  Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                  1984 KZ1100R
                  2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                  2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Flanigans Inn in Panguitch isn't a brew pub but has micro brew beer. Grumpy Troll in Tropic looks interesting. Where's the beer reviews? You two on the wagon ?
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

Again... Not a damn thing about beer ! Sheesh.....

New rubber and brakes for Glenn.

\

1983 GS 750

Comment

Hotel in Moab

Wolf creek pass. Around 50 degrees and 9400 feet
                        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                          Wolf creek pass. Around 50 degrees and 9400 feet
                          Good to see the snow is melting.

New bike and the brakes are shot already? WTF?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                            Good to see the snow is melting.

New bike and the brakes are shot already? WTF?
                            Hey Tom, the new brake pads went on my 2011 Concours with 14,000 miles. Trevor got the new tires, he wore out the originals due to hooliganism!

We got a late start today as we got the work done first thing this morning, a shorter day but certainly the most interesting!

Our digs in Moab for tonight. Tomorrow we'll head for Arches NP, then head south to see Newspaper Rock, and hopefully Monument Valley.

IBA# 12860
                            1984 KZ1100R
                            2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                            2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Hey Garth, we're in Utah. I ordered a Moab Brewery IPA, it's only 4%! Gnats pee!

At the summit of Wolf Creek Pass, Trevor took a panorama shot with his new Asian phone. It was strange being amongst all of that snow, yet the temperature was relatively mild and the road was dry and clear. Perfect for Trevor to scuff in his new tires!

Last edited by eddie21; 05-03-2014, 12:37 AM.
                              IBA# 12860
                              1984 KZ1100R
                              2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                              2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post
                                Trevor got the new tires, he wore out the originals due to hooliganism!
                                Ah well, all is good then. Hooliganism lives.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
                                X