No announcement yet.

Bikes to Restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better yet get the BMW and save it till I can drive up and give you a 200 dollar finder fee.

Comment

Well well,,,,,based on all this new found information and interest, seems I might have to hold onto both, do a bit of GK restoration, and sell them.......make a dollar or 2....

But seriously, I have to get the bikes first, he is still humming and hawing about it, but his wife wants them gone.....let's see who wins that one....

I will tuck in the shed if I have to for now.....sell the 2 sleds and that will give me room.....

One way or anther I will keep you guys posted, either a for sale post or a new project post....

Thanks

200 dollar finder fee....I think some one forgot a zero.....LOL

Comment

I had a gold 1971 CB350. That's likely a '72 or '73, as my '71 had a smaller "350" badge on the side cover.

A beautiful machine - 96 mph, blow the doors off most Harleys. Twice I rode it 400 miles upstate in a day at 75 mph or more. Did it like a champ, which it most certainly was.

If it took me four years to break it, you know it was sturdy.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Well some time has passed on this, and it seems the neighbour really wants to get these bikes into my hands, he left the owners manual for the BMW at the front door a few weeks ago, and on Friday he handed me over two shop manuals, one for the BMW and one for the Honda......

He mentioned something about 600 bucks and I can have both bikes, or we can talk some and see, maybe the price will go lower....

Hmmmm

What to do.....?

Last edited by Guest; 07-20-2014, 08:35 PM.

Comment

You buy them. The BMW is worth decent money, and although it is the one of the two I would keep, it is also easily sold for three to four times that $600 in running condition, and even if not running, you could sell it for more than $600. I think those 650s are fun little bikes with a growing following.
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

I was going to buy them, and have them as my winter project/projects, I don't have much interest in keeping them, neither one is very appealing to me but something to do over the winter, well that is the appealing part.....

and if I make a buck or 2, even better....

Comment

Buy them, give them a good clean, make them at least run and earn some easy money.
                Charles
                --
                1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by eil View Post
                  Buy them, give them a good clean, make them at least run and earn some easy money.
                  Exactly one of the options.........I had in mind.....

Comment

I'd sure love to have the Beemer...
                    De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

I really fancy that CB. I don't live near a city but it would be crap tons of fun to ride around town and around the back roads here. When I go into NYC I always see small bikes like that parked around, NOT cut up but in daily driver condition.
                      "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Well I have sold my snowmobile, so now I have room in the garage for a couple of bikes, going to talk to the neighbour, set a price, and probably drag the bike to my place.....

Then I have to think about what I am actually going to do, a full resto on the bikes, or just a quick clean and sell them off.....

Mostly will depend if I get the garage insulated before winter so as I can work in there......and not freeze to death.....

might end with with one looking like this

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post

might end with with one looking like this

Wife? Looks good to me.

Comment

Nope not wife.....just a fellow rider....

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
                              ...just a fellow rider....
                              My kind of fellow.
                              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

She looks familiar, at least I'm sure I recognize that finger she's holding up.........

Comment

Working...
                                X