No announcement yet.

Bikes to Restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just picked up a cb360, cool little bikes. Should make a good resell on yours.
    Wouldn't mind riding B**h behind her.
    1984 GS550ES
    Rebuild in progress....

1983 GS750ES
    4700 miles

1978 GS1000E...Resto-mod to come

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
      Nope not wife.....just a fellow rider....
      I don't think my wife would let me near that kind of fellow rider....

Comment

I think your wife can hold her own in that regards.
        De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Well time to reopen this thread.....The bikes are now in my possession, one in the shed and one in the backyard under a tarp, on it's way into the garage in a few days, but for now she is covered up really good.....

I really don't know what to do with either, the Honda I really have no use for, but I know she can fetch some good money if restored and kept original, the BMW I like more, but not to keep, this one maybe a good scrubbing down, get it mechanically fit and sell it.....

I don't want and don't have the time for the Honda, so she just might go up for sale quick, and the BMW, well I will put some time and effort, but no cash, well as little as possible, and get it out the door as well....

So if anyone one knows someone or someone here wants the Honda for now, it is up for grabs, the BMW will be a bit of a project over the winter for me....

A few more pictures of the bikes, now in my backyard.....

Last edited by Guest; 03-19-2015, 10:09 PM.

Comment

and the other

Comment

Wow, both of those bikes look to be excellent restoration candidates. The BMW looks almost pristine, except for masking tape on the tail section? What's up with that? Good luck getting the tape off and not damaging the paint. At any rate, me thinks there is money to be made from those bikes.
              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Polish up the Honda and sell it. After you work some magic on the Beemer and take it for a few rides, I believe that you will be inclined to keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                  Wow, both of those bikes look to be excellent restoration candidates. The BMW looks almost pristine, except for masking tape on the tail section? What's up with that? Good luck getting the tape off and not damaging the paint. At any rate, me thinks there is money to be made from those bikes.
                  not sure what the PO was thinking with the masking tape, he had written, like "lift here" and "hold here", and then never pulled it off, now it's on but good, will have to slowly use various chemicals that are safe on the paint, but will remove the tape, going to start with mild stuff like Simple Green, and work my way up. Other than that yes the BMW is in really great condition, some elbow grease and a bit of touching up, I think she will come out really nice, a bit of pitting and such but nothing catastrophic....the tank should be mint as well as it has a tank cover on it.....

I wish I had the room to work on it, but the bloody garage is full......

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
                  Polish up the Honda and sell it. After you work some magic on the Beemer and take it for a few rides, I believe that you will be inclined to keep it.
                  The Honda will need more than polishing up it seems, the chrome is rusted but good in some areas, she will need to be cleaned and then dipped again, but I am sure that is going to be a few bucks, more than I think I want to spend....the PO offered me a set of new tires never used, but they are just as old as the bike....LOL,,,I told him he can keep those

In all honesty both bikes will be sold, I am not being pulled by either to hold onto and really ride, after the FZ restore and riding it the whole summer, I really like it, and I am going to continue with it come this season.....

Maybe I should sell the SUZUKI as well, poor girl is just sitting in the garage, on stands, covered up, and being lonely......how I wish we had the same option of insuring bikes for the cheap as our US friends have it, then I could switch rides as the mood hits.....

ohhhh well, got me some thinking to do.....

Comment

If trying to get a bike here from Ontscrario wasn't so expensive I'd be interested in the R65LS.Not that I need another bike right now either,both the GS1000 and the GPz are waiting as I'm sorting out the wiring and other stuff for my "new" compressor

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                      If trying to get a bike here from Ontscrario wasn't so expensive I'd be interested in the R65LS.Not that I need another bike right now either,both the GS1000 and the GPz are waiting as I'm sorting out the wiring and other stuff for my "new" compressor
                      I had some contacts in the shipping biz, have to dig them up if they are still around, I could see how much and if it's cheaper than norm......does that mean I shouldn't do anything and leave it all up to you.....? By the way what do you think it would be for shipping ?

Comment

Yup....a little polish, aluminum foil and wax do wonders for the old Honda's... have fun!

Comment

Did you strip down the bike at all, or do everything on the bike as a whole....

I can't believe all you did was a bit of polish here and there, and it turned out like that.....WOW,,,,,that is an excellent job...

I don't think my Honda will come out like that, unless I really apply the elbow grease, and of course the polish and buffing wheels

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
                            Did you strip down the bike at all, or do everything on the bike as a whole....

I can't believe all you did was a bit of polish here and there, and it turned out like that.....WOW,,,,,that is an excellent job...

I don't think my Honda will come out like that, unless I really apply the elbow grease, and of course the polish and buffing wheels
                            Your Honda looks it will clean up very nice.

For the most part the bike stayed assembled. I did remove the pipes, rear tire, tank and side covers....that's it. I still have a little more work to do on it.

So, it really was just a lot of elbow grease, no skill here! The bike had been in the back of a garage for many years..... here is a before and after shot of the gas tank:

Comment

Well these have been sitting in a garage for a while as well, hopefully they clean up as well as yours and just as easily,,,,,I did see a dent/ding on the Honda tank, so that is a bit of a bummer already.....

I can hope mine turn out as good as yours did, that would be really nice, and probably alow me to sell them even quicker...

Cheers

Comment

Goo Gone will take that old masking tape off. Just keep it damp with the Goo Gone and it will come right off with no sticky mess left behind.
                                1981 GS 1000GLX.
                                1981 GS 1000G.
                                1981 GS 650GLX.
                                1975 TS 185.
                                1972 100. Kawasaki.
                                1968 100. Suzuki.
                                1970 Z 50. Honda.
                                1984 CT 70. Honda. (Kids)
                                1982 DS 50. Suzuki. (Kids)

Comment

Working...
                                X