No announcement yet.

Bikes to Restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well now that she runs, and is somewhat stable, a proper tune up is on tap....

Comment

Well the Bimmer saw the light of day today, Spyug came over this afternoon and brought his carbtune and a tune up was done, she idles really nice now, we took her for a small run around the block and she ran just fine, definitely needs new tires but the longer she ran the better she was behaving, now comes the decision to sell her or not?????

Comment

That BMW certainly has some spunk and personality. Kinda reminds me of the pop up headlight Kat's.

Comment

Do not be so uncool as to sell that Beemer. God himself will get you for that.

Comment

Well it definitely is a sweet little bike and would make for a great commuter or short trip bike. In comparison to the FZ and GS 750s she feels positively svelte.

That is the first and only BMW I have ridden but you can tell it is real Bavarian engineering. Solid and tight.

As mentioned, she does need new rubber and I think she would take some getting used to with the heads covering your feet. I found finding the gear shift and even the side stand a bit difficult to find.

A great little bike for someone if GK puts her up for sale.

Comment

One of the best-looking vintage bimmers I've seen in any condition. You'll have zero problems finding a buyer.
              Charles
              --
              1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Man does that thing look good!Yes I still wish we could have done a deal but with shipping it here I doubt it would have made sense.You should get a good price for it if you do sell.

Comment

I'd keep it. I've been hankering after another old Beemer since I made the stupid mistake of selling my last one - an R80 with 100 top end(s) on it. The chance of getting another one, and all those bits for peanuts again is so vanishingly small as to be disregarded. To find a neighbour selling one like yours for just a couple/few hundred bucks is something I'd leap at.
                  ---- Dave
                  79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                  80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                  79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                  92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by spyug View Post
                    Well it definitely is a sweet little bike and would make for a great commuter or short trip bike. In comparison to the FZ and GS 750s she feels positively svelte.

That is the first and only BMW I have ridden but you can tell it is real Bavarian engineering. Solid and tight.

As mentioned, she does need new rubber and I think she would take some getting used to with the heads covering your feet. I found finding the gear shift and even the side stand a bit difficult to find.

A great little bike for someone if GK puts her up for sale.
                    I found it funny as well, but one gets used to it and you can find all the controls are actually fairly easy to get to once you have become accustomed to them...

Up for sale, well it's still undecided....hence why I am hesitant to put on new rubber, if I just store her for a while longer no point in putting on new tires and just have them sit and rot away..

Originally posted by eil View Post
                    One of the best-looking vintage bimmers I've seen in any condition. You'll have zero problems finding a buyer.
                    Yeah she really cleaned up nicely.....a few more hours and I could get her looking even better, rims still need to be detailed, just didn't get to them yet...

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                    Man does that thing look good!Yes I still wish we could have done a deal but with shipping it here I doubt it would have made sense.You should get a good price for it if you do sell.
                    Well if I find a cheap way to get it out there you will be the first to know.....

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                    I'd keep it. I've been hankering after another old Beemer since I made the stupid mistake of selling my last one - an R80 with 100 top end(s) on it. The chance of getting another one, and all those bits for peanuts again is so vanishingly small as to be disregarded. To find a neighbour selling one like yours for just a couple/few hundred bucks is something I'd leap at.
                    And this is my issue, I like it, but I don't, and to find another, would be like looking for that proverbial needle in a haystack....

I just have to figure out do I want the cash now, and or the bike, and the pull is not strong one way or the other......maybe a few more sleeps and I will come to a decision.....

Last edited by Guest; 06-22-2015, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X