Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Mississippi

Hi guys!

New guy here ( obviously, right?) . I have one of the "Taxman specials" , it's an '84 GS700ES. I bought it from my dad ( who got it from a guy who was supposed to know what he was doing.....) LOTS of wrong on this bike, but it has a ton going for it too. I am in the process of getting it back on the road ( it started with replacing the carb boots/intake manifolds, and it has since progressed through new sprockets, forks that aren't trying to kill me.... the bike is a moving landmine!). I recently repaired the fuel tank,as there are NO(!) replacements available of any stripe! such is life though... the tank repairs went so well, that I have been filled with an evangelic spirit to get this blanket blank thing back on the road! I will hopefully be able to post some pics, etc in the near future.

Originally posted by butler135 View Post
    Hi guys!

New guy here ( obviously, right?) . I have one of the "Taxman specials" , it's an '84 GS700ES. I bought it from my dad ( who got it from a guy who was supposed to know what he was doing.....) LOTS of wrong on this bike, but it has a ton going for it too. I am in the process of getting it back on the road ( it started with replacing the carb boots/intake manifolds, and it has since progressed through new sprockets, forks that aren't trying to kill me.... the bike is a moving landmine!). I recently repaired the fuel tank,as there are NO(!) replacements available of any stripe! such is life though... the tank repairs went so well, that I have been filled with an evangelic spirit to get this blanket blank thing back on the road! I will hopefully be able to post some pics, etc in the near future.
    Funny, I did that..

It has been a journey bringing old GS's back on the road. But I wouldn't trade my GS for anything.

Welcome to the ward....

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi,

If you are here you probably have a 30 year old motorcycle that needs about 20 years worth of maintenance. In the links below you'll find maintenance lists, documentation, wiring diagrams, "how to" guides, vendor links, tips, tricks, and a whole lot of GS goodness. This is your "mega-welcome". Let's get started.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please Click Here For Your Mega-Welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

More links to helpful threads in the forum:
      Help! Your Bike Won't Start
      DON'T DO THESE THINGS
      Help! Your Bike Won't Run Well
      Oh God! Pods!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
      X