This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
    Been off the forum for a while... Too many things happening to mention here but was curious if this project ever got built? If not, I may go ahead and take it on for the fun of it. Been working with the Adafruit Pro Trinket for a while and it seems like a good match for this. Very compact, lots of I/O and easy to program.
    That or the NANO (I have a few ebay specials) is what I would use to do a prototype.

Deprecation Warning: The Pro Trinket bit-bang USB technique it uses doesn't work as well as it did in 2014, many modern computers won't work well. So while we still carry the Pro ...

In reality is this could be done with a 8-10 pin controller and a few protection discretes.

I'm working on a few other projects myself, including spinning another production run of the SSPB. I have been using KiCAD which is free for download and it has been dramatically improved since the last time I used it two years ago. I will be starting a new layout this week.

Cari platform slot online terpercaya? Ini panduan lengkapnya! Keamanan, game, bonus, dan layanan pelanggan dibahas. Stars77, platform berlisensi resmi, siap jadi partner main Anda.

Wayne Stambaugh at FOSDEM 2015 presenting:A brief look at the past, present, and future of the KiCad project. The discussion will be primarily on what near a...
    Last edited by posplayr; 03-21-2016, 03:54 PM.

Comment

I've used both the Nano and Kicad and do like both. I currently have 8 or so of the Trinket Pro's laying around so that's what I was going to work with. The nice thing about the Nano is that it does have a native USB interface while the Trinket Pro does not. Adafruit did cobble together a software solution for USB download but it takes up some additional program space. The advantage of the Trinket Pro is it does have a little bit smaller footprint and does come in both 3.3V and 5.0V versions while being 98% Uno compatible sketch wise.

I guess nobody is wanting to take this on so I'll do some Tinkering (pardon the pun) and see what I can come up with. My goal would be to have a durable turn signal controller that's wire for wire compatible with the existing controller. The nice thing about doing the programming would be having complete control over the timing and speed trigger. The stock controller always shuts down on me too soon and I need to reset it before I get bellow the 9mph threshold.

As I understand it the stock control unit utilizes 7 wires. Two of which are power and ground, two are for the reed switch input, one is an output to the relay and two are inputs for cancel and start. I've seen several diagrams with errors on them in the service manuals but this is what I think is correct:

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
      1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
      1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

I think most of my source information came from here:

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

In the current board I'm doing I created several hierarchical sheets representing the 4-5 portions of the Main board I'm designing (power and signal distribution) and can then add additional sheets for external components including a mezzanine footprint for the main computer. It is a nice way to organize the design and consolidate various design documentation elements. You can even insert pictures right on the schematic which helps keep track of connectors and various other stuff. I just downloaded FreeCAD last night but that will have to wait till a little later.

Again, if you can do a PCB design, then the AT Tiny's are the obvious "production" choice as opposed to doing a mezzanine design. Of course working through the design with a NANO/Trinket on a protoboard is super simple to flesh out the S/W.

I'm assuming that you are not thinking of running wires right off this Tricket to run a TSCU without any protection?

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          I'm assuming that you are not thinking of running wires right off this Tricket to run a TSCU without any protection?
          No I wont be doing that. I'm planning on reverse voltage and over voltage protection of the power supply input using a reverse polarity protection diode inline with the power supply along with a zener diode to clamp the input to the controller at ~9V. Logic level I/O protection will basically be like this on the DIO pins:

Output driver to the relay will probably be MOSFET. Could use a simple transistor switch but I like working with MOSFETs and have a ton of them laying around. Some experimentation will have to be done to verify timing and speed control using the stock reed switch but that's what makes DIY fun.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
          1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
          1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Boy, the spam bots are hitting the forum hard this week.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Thethinker

Yeah there are lots of sites spamming recently.
              Not a good look for a first post my Indian friend. Let's see pictures and why don't you write something about your motorcycle, so we can see if you're a bot too.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Botfest 2023.......
                ---- Dave
                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

They keep on coming.
                  Looks like maybe Someone dpep has cleaned up some of it, but, maybe he can something about the bots infiltrating this thread?
                  Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by Clarar
                    Hi everyone
                    The inaugural TSCU "banging the bits" cancellation marks a significant evolution in streamlining processes.
                    Now this is some sig worthy nonsense!
                    - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
                    - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

The last non bot related post on this thread was over seven years ago. I am going to close it for new posts. But if increased bot posts state popping up in other threads I may reopen it. It makes monitoring easier if all the bot posts go to one obscure honey pot thread. There seems to be a peculiar vulnerability in this one.
                      Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                      80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Working...
                      X