No announcement yet.

I'm in the twin club….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day one of tuning this thing, cruising gently about ten miles and took a look, left side plug is a nice gray, right side is pure white except way down inside, need to take the carbs apart to see why they are different. Could be the petcock is leaking down the vacuum line....

I bet that's it, I caught it dripping a drop or two the other day.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

OK, you were right Brad, 105 is pretty darned close.

Comment

And it's gone. Sucks I didn't even get to wear the peach fuzz off the new tires. Traded it for two bikes, one a ready to go Honda CM400C, that's like their L model but I'm flipping it anyway so don't razz me. Nice looking bike, everything works now that it's running on both cylinders. Cute little Shoei fairing, baggages on the back, perfect little commuter bike. Ought to get great gas mileage because it's slow as lard compared to the Suzuki. Not a lot of torque down low and it doesn't get any better when you wind it out. Boring like a Honda. Handling is heavy, brakes made of wood, but a huge comfy seat. The PO DeLed it some, low bars and a big assed couch cushion for a seat.

And the other a 1982 R80ST. Not complete, been parked a little too close to a house fire, but doable. No seat, some wiring and stuff is missing or melted. Probably cafe fodder because stock parts are so expensive, but time will tell. The PO stole the beemer's headlight for the little honda so he could use the Shoei fairing. Going to have to steal that one back. The fairing too, that's only fair. This one hasn't been licensed since 1993, so I have my work cut out for me. The engine isn't stuck, so that's a plus.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of cafe's { mostly because they always chop off the tail end and have a Gawd awful looking seat } but I think that Beemer might look pretty sharp as a cafe.........

Last edited by bccap; 02-25-2016, 08:24 PM.
          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Yeah, the ass end is a bolt on subframe like a dirt bike, so I can Sawzall it like a rusty L and not worry about putting it back together again. Or just weld up a new subframe any way I like it. That one in the pic is sweet, but I think less chrome and more black since I like to powdercoat everything that fits in the ovens. Just found out I have a neighbor with a much bigger oven, might even fit the frame in it maybe?

For now the 550/675 is the project du jour, it's up on the table with it's 550 loaner engine ready to pull out right this very minute. If the 550's Kerker will fit it won't take long...

Comment

Working...
            X