No announcement yet.

GS850 Carb Mystery Hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have used plugs from a dead carb and staked them in place.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I just opened the #4 carb to find a float post that had been snapped and repaired poorly. Admittedly, the repair seems to work quite well, but I'm afraid to try and get the floats off now with the suspicious looking repair. If I can find a #4 carb, I'll just pop the plug out of this one. Otherwise I'll go improvising.

Comment

If all else fails get some Quicksteel from walmart. I just had a seem on my gas tank separate on a ride sunday and this stuff is great. Comes in a tube, just break a piece off and knead it together. Hard as steel in 10 minutes. Gas does not affect it.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          Just an aluminum plug. JB will eventually fail around fuel, it needs to fit tight enough to stay in place.
          Yeah. Sorry about pointing you to the rubber blogs. I wasn't paying attention.

Comment

Beaner, I think you're on to something there. Even if I press a piece in with a tight fit, there will inevitably be small spaces and imperfections. A little blob of that stuff going around the plug would ensure a perfect fit. Not to mention, a good review on a product like that is always a good thing to have in my back pocket. Too many times I've purchased stuff advertised as waterproof, gas resistant, etc. only to be out "in the field" when I discover it's not.

Comment

No problem. If I hadn't used it I wouldn't believe it. I have the tube in my bag that is staying on the bike.

Comment

Working...
              X