Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1982 Suzuki gs850glz only 482 Miles! bom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 Suzuki gs850glz only 482 Miles! bom?

Hey everyone...I just submitted my bike for the BOM, i'm hoping it gets picked up as she's a beauty! She's only done 482 miles and is like still in a showroom state/condition. No work, mods, weird stuff done...she's 100% original (apart from the rear rack, battery and tires!) and runs like a dream...takes me back to 1982! (even though I was only 7!)

Originally posted by Higgibaby View Post
    Hey everyone...I just submitted my bike for the BOM, i'm hoping it gets picked up as she's a beauty! She's only done 482 miles and is like still in a showroom state/condition. No work, mods, weird stuff done...she's 100% original (apart from the rear rack, battery and tires!) and runs like a dream...takes me back to 1982! (even though I was only 7!)
    A shot of the mileage!

Comment

Very nice. Good luck. But there has to be a story around 482 miles ?
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Ride it.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
          Very nice. Good luck. But there has to be a story around 482 miles ?
          There is a story, which I submitted with my request for BOM, long story short though was it was bought new in 1983, it wasn't ridden as it was too big and scary for that owner...so it sat in climate controlled storage for 30yrs...pure time capsule!

Comment

That's just amazing! Ray
            "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
            GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
            1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
            1979 GS1000SN The new hope
            1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Originally posted by Higgibaby View Post
              There is a story, which I submitted with my request for BOM, long story short though was it was bought new in 1983, it wasn't ridden as it was too big and scary for that owner...so it sat in climate controlled storage for 30yrs...pure time capsule!
              It happens ..last year I flipped a 650 that was under 1000 original miles ...same kinda story ....
              Currently in the Stable :
              2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
              1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
              - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

So are you planning to stare at it in the garage and wipe it periodically with a soft cloth diaper or are you going to put some miles on her? I rode that many miles in the last couple weeks without even going anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by nejeff View Post
                  So are you planning to stare at it in the garage and wipe it periodically with a soft cloth diaper or are you going to put some miles on her? I rode that many miles in the last couple weeks without even going anywhere
                  I plan to just stare, and other people can stare as well as I'm planning to take it to some classic bike shows. I have another exactly the same (with 7000 miles) in black which is my daily rider...

Comment

Then it certainly isn't bom material.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                      Then it certainly isn't bom material.
                      Why isn't it?

Comment

He's busting you for not riding it.

I agree it is more fun to own a bike you can ride. However it's extremely difficult to keep it in showroom condition and the miles pile up, reducing the value.

You have done it exactly right. Keep one to ride the pee right out of, and another to preserve for the museums once you die.
                        Yamaha fz1 2007

Comment

Originally posted by spchips View Post
                          He's busting you for not riding it.

I agree it is more fun to own a bike you can ride. However it's extremely difficult to keep it in showroom condition and the miles pile up, reducing the value.

You have done it exactly right. Keep one to ride the pee right out of, and another to preserve for the museums once you die.
                          Ok, gotcha...or sounded jealous, I wasn't sure where he was heading with the negativity?

Your right, it would drive me nuts if I couldn't ride, so having my other keeps me happy! And I do ride the nice one, just not 200 miles a day.

Comment

Tom's just busting your chops. Read his signature.......
                            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

BOM?? No.
                              A whole host of reasons...one being it's an L.
                              No signature

Comment

Working...
                              X