Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1982 Suzuki gs850glz only 482 Miles! bom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valve's need adjusting first, we'll see

Comment

count me in

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
      482miles... That's the goal for this weekend. Everyone need to ride at least 482miles. You have from Friday to Monday morning. Who's in?
      I'm in. I'm even riding an 82 850L. Mileage is almost 100 times 482 though..............

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
      1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

I just bought a 1979 Kawai 400 with 867 miles for $250. Rusty and crusty, but no tool marks on anything, so miles are probably correct. Last registered and on the road 2013. Hope to have back on the road in a few weeks. Needs keys (done), carb clean, tires, points and condenser, fork tubes, brake clean up and overhaul; otherwise ready to rip. Tank is clean, battery is new, compression tops, hoping for a good ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Higgibaby View Post
          And thats the thing, I live in RI (smallest state) so where ever I ride it doesn't put much mileage on! But I have scoured everywhere, for any examples of a GS this good...disregarding if its an "L" or not...there isn't another that i have seen out there like this. I bought the bike with 435 miles on it, so it wasn't me that didn't ride it. (I've technically put 42 miles on it, and i haven't had it too long)
          42 MILES! OMG, I would be saddle sore for a month! Tell me you took plenty of rest breaks and at least stayed in a motel a couple of nights. LMAO
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

42 miles is a half an hour's worth.

Is that really what you guys buy motorcycles for?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
              482miles... That's the goal for this weekend. Everyone need to ride at least 482miles. You have from Friday to Monday morning. Who's in?
              We will be riding 389 miles next week Norm....Indiana baby!
              Dude, you gotta get off work Thursdays so we can cruise down together!

Comment

dang... I've already put 1000+ miles on mine since I've gotten it running a couple weeks back. 50+ miles a day for my commute doesn't hurt..

Comment

Ok boys...put your di*ks away, this ****ing contest is over...

I put on 8000 miles since Jan 17th/14 I win!! By the way that's just on one bike. And I live in the great white north!!
                  No signature

Comment

I've gone 8,000 miles since Tuesday. Wait, does it have to be on a motorcycle?

Comment

Hi Higgibaby, Congratulations, Beautiful bike, like you iv got two both "Ls" and love them both to bits, and im no lady or midget either, but unfortunately neither of my Ls with that kinda mileage. Yes your bike will be, is, in demand with that pedigree/history its a one off, I for one would love a bike like yours and there are loads of L riders on here feel the same. So store your bike, take it to exhibitions, ride your bike but whatever You decide "ENJOY" for its not ok to chop an L and lifes to short to ride anything but an "L"
                      Last edited by Chromedome; 06-13-2014, 08:21 PM. Reason: x

Comment

I don't see the fascination with unused motorcycles. I have paid a premium for low mileage examples, but my intent was to use them, and I did. What impresses me, are well kept good looking high mileage bikes.

I don't think any GS850 is ever going to be a collectors item, particularly not the "L". That said, a really nice one will always be worth a lot more than an average one. Cosmetics are really expensive to redo, and mechanically, the darned things are anvils. Clean the carbs, and they will run.

A great looking bike is easily worth twice what a decent rider is worth, in my opinion.
                        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by Chromedome View Post
                          Hi Higgibaby, Congratulations, Beautiful bike, like you iv got two both "Ls" and love them both to bits, and im no lady or midget either, but unfortunately neither of my Ls with that kinda mileage. Yes your bike will be, is, in demand with that pedigree/history its a one off, I for one would love a bike like yours and there are loads of L riders on here feel the same. So store your bike, take it to exhibitions, ride your bike but whatever You decide "ENJOY" for its not ok to chop an L and lifes to short to ride anything but an "L"
                          Thank you so much! I appreciate the message...I do intend to ride the bike, I don't see the harm in doing so...I'm glad you like the L's, I really don't understand the distaste for them...it's a great looking classic 80's bike.

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
                            I don't see the fascination with unused motorcycles. I have paid a premium for low mileage examples, but my intent was to use them, and I did. What impresses me, are well kept good looking high mileage bikes.

I don't think any GS850 is ever going to be a collectors item, particularly not the "L". That said, a really nice one will always be worth a lot more than an average one. Cosmetics are really expensive to redo, and mechanically, the darned things are anvils. Clean the carbs, and they will run.

A great looking bike is easily worth twice what a decent rider is worth, in my opinion.
                            I understand what your saying, but the bike is a collectors item for me. I saw these bikes riding around as a child, and to own one like its brand new (and it is like it's just come out of a dealer) but yet is 32yrs old is a dream come true. I have the same feeling for other items as well, not just bikes...it's a nostalgic item that I'm lucky to own...the Ferrari will be next!

Comment

Can't imagine having a Ferarri and not taking to out to drive the snot out of it daily.

It would just be sooooo wrong. Keep something like that, hide it away in a garage, not enjoy driving it, to save it for future generations to not enjoy? No way.

But an 850L, I guess I wouldn't mind not riding that.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                                Ok boys...put your di*ks away, this ****ing contest is over...

I put on 8000 miles since Jan 17th/14 I win!! By the way that's just on one bike. And I live in the great white north!!
                                945 miles from Friday morning to Sunday night. Look out Trevor, I'm coming after you!
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X