• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get it !
    Looks like a great find.
    Stock
    Shiney
    Complete

The bike ran great every summer until he unexpectedly passed away two years ago. It has been fully covered in our garage, but now its time to let it fly. It is not currently running, only because I don't have the first clue what to do to start it up.
    END QUOTE

Like maybe doesnt know to pull in clutch to run starter motor, ... or to put petcock on PRIme after has been sitting awhile.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

We MI peeps need to put a ride together.

Who's in?!?

Comment

Im interested, my 750 should be on the road soon.
        Are you all in the Michigan Gs group? Makes it easier to know who is nearby.
        1984 GS550ES
        Rebuild in progress....

1983 GS750ES
        4700 miles

1978 GS1000E...Resto-mod to come

Comment

If you look at some of the re- constructed bikes on this site, some of which have never been run for more than 20 years, including mine, it's a no brainer. Doesn't look like there is a lot to do other than valves, carbs and a few other things. If I was nearby, I would pick it up in a heartbeat. The real fun is in getting it going by yourself, everything you need to know can be found on this site.

Comment

!@#$% Got there at the time we arranged and he'd sold it already. A month on craigslist and he sells it 10 minutes before I arrive! Bummer.

Thanks for the input anyway. I've been a member of a few bike forums and I have to say this one has so much info and so much help, that I've become much more interested in the GS line than I was. The last few months I've been looking at primarily older KZ and CB bikes, but I have to say you guys seem a cut above the rest. Thanks.

Comment

what are you looking for? Chain, shaft, sporty, cruiser. Complete project or something to work on slowly. Gs bikes pop up around the detroit area and toledo all the time.
              1984 GS550ES
              Rebuild in progress....

1983 GS750ES
              4700 miles

Comment

I think a 750 or 850, not too concerned about chain or shaft. There's a couple on craigslist now actually. There seems to be a lot of the L models with the stepped seat, but I do prefer the standard seat. From what I read here I can always shave the seat foam and get a more "normal" seat. Something will come up, they sold a lot of these bikes.

Comment

ill keep an eye out, always fun finding the diamond in the rough
                  1984 GS550ES
                  Rebuild in progress....

1983 GS750ES
                  4700 miles

Comment

Originally posted by Mista M View Post
                    ill keep an eye out, always fun finding the diamond in the rough
                    Thanks, appreciate it.

Not sure about the diamond, but it is a little rough!

Comment

Originally posted by Mista M View Post
                      Im interested, my 750 should be on the road soon.
                      Are you all in the Michigan Gs group? Makes it easier to know who is nearby.
                      How does one find that group?

Comment

Originally posted by BanditRE View Post
                        Thanks, appreciate it.

Not sure about the diamond, but it is a little rough!

That's a no brainer!! Get it NOW before someone else does.

You can sell the trunk, rack and fairing for close to half of the cost of the bike!

Comment

Dude, where are you finding these?? An 850G for $500 that has no major issues is a bargain. This one is not showroom condition, but I wouldn't call it rough either. It's miles ahead of every other bike I see for that money. Lose the fairing if it's not your thing. If the PO doesn't have the stock headlight and turn signals, you'll have to hit eBay for those.

If I had room in my garage for more than two bikes, that's one I'd pick up myself.

I see a license plate on it, so it must have a title. But verify that the title is clear before you make the trip out there.
                          Last edited by eil; 06-13-2014, 04:29 PM.
                          Charles
                          --
                          1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

A-Train: I'd be up for that ride.

The Michigan GS rider group is here: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=14
                            Charles
                            --
                            1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by A-train View Post
                              We MI peeps need to put a ride together.

Who's in?!?

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/97...-Mason-MI.html
                              Don't know how well I'd survive the trip but I'm game.
                              De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

$500 I would be all over that 850G like a bad rash, no way you can loose on that.

Don't know how well I'd survive the trip but I'm game.
                                'cause you're in Doc, you have a 1100GK that needs a shakedown and break in run, will be like sitting in a lazyboy, no stress to the body whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                                X