GSX750 ET rear brake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSX750 ET rear brake

Trying to get a 1980 GSX750 ET back on the road, but the rear brake caliper is a rusty mess so I am looking to get a replacement. I think this caliper has been used on multiple models and looking on eBay there are plenty which appear similar, but does anyone have a list of which models the bike shares this part with?

The parts bike in my yard has the right one. It's a 1980 GS 750 ET, US version. The rear brake works, I haven't looked inside.

Are you interested?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

The caliper itself is made out of aluminum and can almost always be cleaned up to be used again. The only reason to discard one is due to physical trauma. The pistons and seals are a different story, but you typically need new ones of those even when buying a used caliper.

Pics of yours?

Have you seen this? http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...r_overhaul.pdf
      Charles
      --
      1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

The caliper from the following bikes will fit ( there may be a one or two I miss).

GS550
        GS750
        GS850
        GS1000
        GS1100
        GSX750 up to 1982
        GSX1100 up to 1982

British spec models.

But before you dump yours tell us what's wrong with it as they are completely serviceable. What you buy might be in even worse state.
        79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer
        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by eh74nq View Post
          Trying to get a 1980 GSX750 ET back on the road, but the rear brake caliper is a rusty mess so I am looking to get a replacement. I think this caliper has been used on multiple models and looking on eBay there are plenty which appear similar, but does anyone have a list of which models the bike shares this part with?

Found this it might help

Comment

Buy this, install and ride.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
            X