Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floats: I thought I knew what I was doing there for a minute...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the pictures, that first pic is similar to how I had mine set. Definitely bent too far.

Regarding how it was kept over the winter, it was actually leaning against a concrete block, which kept it relatively upright, but if anything, it would have been leaning to the left very slightly. Perhaps this made the left two more gummed up and I need to be more thorough on the cleaning.

Back at it I guess.

Comment

Well, good news, apparently the problem was that my bench sync wasn't done well enough so one cylinder wasn't firing. I had to do some tweaking of the sync screws while it was running to get all four cylinders firing. But I was able to ride it for the first time just the other day. The pilot circuit is still kind of groggy, but once the needle starts opening the thing shoots out of a cannon. It probably just needs to be synced better - with actual gauges instead of tapping the exhaust pipes with my hand to make sure they are all firing.

The bad news is that it leaks way more oil than I anticipated. I think the lower cylinder gasket (mates with crankcase) is the culprit. The oil drips right onto the ground for the back wheel to run over. Probably going to be a safety issue. Kind of a bummer...

Austin

Comment

Working...
      X