Aftermarket Speedometer? Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
    GPS speedo there are no cables, no ratios nothing, just a 12v supply. Can't get much simplier then that. They supply you with a GPS antenna.
    Until you drive through a tunnel or in a large city (with tall buildings) and lose signal. Sweet concept though and lucky enough for me I don't live near tunnels nor tall buildings

Comment

feel free to look through some photos here:

there are some speedo/tach pics in there somewhere. i thought about making a bracket that mounts to the old cluster bolt holes and moves the speedo & tach closer together, but haven't got around to it. i've been busy riding!

Comment

Let me know how those Dime City gauges are holding up. I had them on my 79 750L Brat, and they broke in under 1000 miles. It was a mother to get DCC to take them back and give me my money back too.

Comment

Broke how? I know they hate vibrations, so I loaded up on the orings when mounting them. I've put about 450 on mine and so far so good.

Originally posted by SocialAnomaly99 View Post
          Let me know how those Dime City gauges are holding up. I had them on my 79 750L Brat, and they broke in under 1000 miles. It was a mother to get DCC to take them back and give me my money back too.

Comment

Originally posted by growler View Post
            Broke how? I know they hate vibrations, so I loaded up on the orings when mounting them. I've put about 450 on mine and so far so good.
            Did you buy from dimecity? How were they as in shipping etc..

Comment

I mounted them using the OEM rubber cushions that came on my 77 GS750. I fabbed up a custom mounting bracket that allowed for better spacing of the gauges. The needle on the speedo began to bounce and bob around 500miles, and finally stopped moving all together at about 650miles. My tach needle simply fell off and just rattled around the inside of the gauge soon after the speedo broke.

Comment

Originally posted by SocialAnomaly99 View Post
                I mounted them using the OEM rubber cushions that came on my 77 GS750. I fabbed up a custom mounting bracket that allowed for better spacing of the gauges. The needle on the speedo began to bounce and bob around 500miles, and finally stopped moving all together at about 650miles. My tach needle simply fell off and just rattled around the inside of the gauge soon after the speedo broke.

Is that more of a product issue not dimecity? Did they swap out for another one as in within 30 days or just didn't do anything about it?

Comment

easy to replace. make sure you get a speedo with a ratio of 2240:60 so it reads correctly.

you also need to make sure it takes your squared speedo cable end.

this is the one i purchased, works great.

there are others online if you search "2240:60 speedometer."

What's difference between the link and this one, except price? http://www.dimecitycycles.com/2-5-in...or-lights.html

Comment

I sent the gauges in and he refunded them. It was quite an ordeal, but we got it sorted out.

Comment

easy to replace. make sure you get a speedo with a ratio of 2240:60 so it reads correctly.

you also need to make sure it takes your squared speedo cable end.

this is the one i purchased, works great.

there are others online if you search "2240:60 speedometer."

So the one you linked takes our cable? I have a 82 1100 GL but think all GS cables are same correct?

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong but Nippon-Denso made speedos for all Suzukis of the era . Hondas too I think.
                        I have yet to see a different size of cable end including the nut.

I have yet to see an aftermarket gauge page which mentions different cable ends for fitting Japanese bikes.

The cable fit at the wheel is a different matter

brain reset= Nippon-Seiko
                        Last edited by Gorminrider; 10-17-2014, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                          Correct me if I am wrong but Nippon-Denso made speedos for all Suzukis . Hondas too I think.
                          I have yet to see a different size of cable end including the nut.

I have yet to see an aftermarket page which mentions different cable ends for fitting Japanese bikes.
                          Just wanted to make sure it was ok to order then waiting for UPS to come and find out it doesn't fit. Will be ordering it in afternoon. Price seems decent as it includes indicators etc.. Also ordering set of drag bars and machine gun style grips.

Comment

I hear you! clicking the Checkout button is stressful...!

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                              I hear you! clicking the Checkout button is stressful...!

All set ordered speedometer and 7/8 drag bars. Now it's on to ordering grips. lol.

Comment

you've got the fever.

Originally posted by Jmanor View Post
                                All set ordered speedometer and 7/8 drag bars. Now it's on to ordering grips. lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X