Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arthur View Post
    Tks Nessim

I dont understand very well the thing about the clutch u wrote...

can u explain me better pls

and how the clutch can influence the oil pressure, or pomp?

tks
    Find the manual for your bike, the oil pump is located behind the clutch. It is possible if the clutch came loose the pump would no longer be driven by the clutch. A oil pressure gauge would answer your concerns.

Comment

I had an oil light issue and started a thread about it. There was never a problem with my pump or clogged screen, etc. I ended up taking the plunger and screw off after examining the switch and installed a gauge bought from Renobruce. I like looking down and seeing the actual pressure (or close to it). It was worth the extra money over getting a new switch or at least it was to me.
      Erik

1982 GS550M

Dyna S, Dyna greens, coil relay mod w/LED, Sonic Springs (.90)

Comment

It could well be what Posplayer and Nessism are suggesting about the clutch nut. Start the bike and lean it over both ways. Does the light come on more when leaned right?
        Driving the bike does it come on when dowshifting or braking hard and then go off again when you roll on the throttle?
        If yes to any of these the clutch may be assembled wrong and only engages the oil pump drive dogs when load or gravity is applied.
        When the drive is on it pulls the clutch into the oil pump drive because the primary gears are helical. Leaning the bike left at a standstill does the same. On the overrun the drive comes backways through the gearbox and lifts the clutch away from the pump drive. Leaning right at a standstill does the same.
        Pulling the clutch lever in can do it as well when your are at standstill.

This clutch was assembled wrong. You can see the wear on the clutch hub and the driving dogs for the oil pump.
        Last edited by Brendan W; 07-13-2014, 05:18 AM.
        97 R1100R
        Previous
        80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Missile99 View Post
          I had an oil light issue and started a thread about it. There was never a problem with my pump or clogged screen, etc. I ended up taking the plunger and screw off after examining the switch and installed a gauge bought from Renobruce. I like looking down and seeing the actual pressure (or close to it). It was worth the extra money over getting a new switch or at least it was to me.

Something to be aware of:

Comment

Do you keep the bike on the side stand or the centre stand. If you keep it on the side stand try parking up on the centre stand next time and see if it makes a difference to the smoke. It could be the valve seals are leaking.
            97 R1100R
            Previous
            80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
              Cool, thanks Posplayr.
              Erik

1982 GS550M

Dyna S, Dyna greens, coil relay mod w/LED, Sonic Springs (.90)

Comment

tks everyone,

im working on it and will inform u all

seriously tks to everyone for ur help

Comment

Working...
                X