83 Honda CB1100F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 Honda CB1100F

Just pulled an 1100F out of a barn in Lincoln County, KY......14K original miles, running a few years ago, starter clutch went out so he quit riding it. Tank dented from a barn mishap of some sort, but overall, not in bad condition. All the plastics are solid, but obviously needs painted. I'm sure the carbs will need to be gone through, brakes, etc......should be a pretty easy resto. Here's a few pics, enjoy!

http://s121.photobucket.com/user/83G...onda%20CB1100F

Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
    87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
    99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
    15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

That's a great find. I guess the inland humidity is a little more forgiving. Barn finds here tend to have a fair amount of salt air surface corrosion. Congratulations.

Comment

Congrats! I am sure you have found the forum for those, CB1100f.net in case you haven't. I recently acquired a red one and am going through the carbs now. Parts can be hard to find, but I am so glad I snagged one.
      NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
      Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

That looks like fun. Was it in a tobacco barn?

I was in yer neck of the woods yesterday. Masterson's Station park for the Blue Grass Games, high school soccer. That sure is a unique park. Old horse farm must have been sold to the state and they constructed a minimum security prison and a juvenile facility, along with picnic tables, a dog park, and fields for soccer. Still has horse stables and a drusage area. Just kinda odd.

Any way, enjoy the resto on the Honda.

Comment

Great find! Wouldn't mind seeing a pic of it next to your 1100ED. That would be very easy on the eyes. State of the art in 1983.

Enjoyed the slide show. The wheels look very similar to the '83 Suzi.
          Last edited by Rob S.; 07-28-2014, 04:54 AM.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by winfield View Post
            That looks like fun. Was it in a tobacco barn?

I was in yer neck of the woods yesterday. Masterson's Station park for the Blue Grass Games, high school soccer. That sure is a unique park. Old horse farm must have been sold to the state and they constructed a minimum security prison and a juvenile facility, along with picnic tables, a dog park, and fields for soccer. Still has horse stables and a drusage area. Just kinda odd.

Any way, enjoy the resto on the Honda.
            In the back of that park there is a public horse riding area. If you notice there are obstacles scattered all over the park for horse training. I have a blue heeler that I take over there all the time to play Frisbee and he occasionally gets the urge to herd a horse. Usually the riders aren't too happy w/ me.

That's going to be a sweet bike Tornado!

Comment

You guys aren't going to believe this, but I just snagged on another CB1100F in near mint condition, 7K original miles, original exhaust, looks like brand new! Was on Craigslist in Akron/Canton and I was going there for the weekend anyway for the Hall of Fame festivities, so I just hooked up and trailer and got outta dodge! 10 hour round trip, but this bike is BEAUTIFUL and well worth the trip! Got rained on 3 times on the way home, but she's tucked safely into the garage now with my blue one, nice to have both color schemes! Here's a crappy cell phone picture, I'll get plenty of more tomorrow!

Current stable:

Comment

Friggin' SCORE...very nice looking bike. Heck has does that front tire have any wear???
                Rob
                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                  Friggin' SCORE...very nice looking bike. Heck has does that front tire have any wear???
                  It doesn't, the tires are brand new, still have the titties on them. Apparently, the previous owner died and had a garage full of bikes, this gentleman bought them all at an auction to resell. He had no idea what an 1100F was either! The gas doesn't smell bad, he said it's probably not been started in a couple years, battery was on a tender and is fully charged. I didn't try hard to get it to start, I just wanted to get the heck out of his garage with it before he came to his senses! He didn't give it away either, but I certainly did OK on it, but it doesn't matter, cause this one is a KEEPER!!!!!
                  Current stable:

Comment

Unbelievable! nice score John!

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
                      You guys aren't going to believe this, but I just snagged on another CB1100F in near mint condition, 7K original miles, original exhaust, looks like brand new! Was on Craigslist in Akron/Canton and I was going there for the weekend anyway for the Hall of Fame festivities, so I just hooked up and trailer and got outta dodge! 10 hour round trip, but this bike is BEAUTIFUL and well worth the trip! Got rained on 3 times on the way home, but she's tucked safely into the garage now with my blue one, nice to have both color schemes! Here's a crappy cell phone picture, I'll get plenty of more tomorrow!

Great looking bike a great score! Too bad it's not the Canadian version though.
                      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        Great looking bike a great score! Too bad it's not the Canadian version though.
                        Kinda what I was thinking to

Comment

Well, it took me about an hour to get it running today. The battery was full and the charging system is working A-OK, putting out just over 14.1 according to my gauge. New spark plugs, new oil and filter, new air filter, fresh gas and VROOM! Running a little rough at first, but to be expected, took her for a spin around the neighborhood, running as it should, probably put some Seafoam through her, but it's hitting on all 4 and pulls hard at WOT! These are smooth bikes, I really like the sound of the stock exhaust too, kinda reminds me of the V65 Sabre. Quiet until you hit about 7K, and then it takes off! Here are some pics from this afternoon, enjoy!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Current stable:

Comment

Looks clean enough to eat off!

Reminder: time to update the "current stable" in your signature.

Also, what's the difference(s) between the U.S. and Canadian versions?
                            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

That's cool - I wish you lived here - we could line them up just like on the old CYCLE CANADA page - my GS1100E, your CB1100F, and my '82 GPz1100 getting wrung out. The old article cited the CB1100F and the GPz shrieking along at an indicated 143 mph, with the Suzuki lagging just a little behind.

Comment

Working...
                              X