having problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

having problems

I have a 83 gs 1100 that has been cut into a bobber and I ride for about 15 minutes and the bike shuts off and won't start. If I let the bike sit for a little while it will start up and do this again.. I rewired alot of the bike because the guy I bought it from had them sticking out everywhere. It has to be something electrical, any ideas??? Anything will help thank you.

Next time it runs do a quick test(see my signature)

Comment

Technical questions go in the technical forums. There is one specifically for electrical questions. It is titled, Electrical/Ignition and has the subtitle, "Place your GS electrical or ignition related questions in this forum."
      sigpic

SUZUKI:
      1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
      HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
      KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
      YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Hi frankinQ welcome to the forum.

Bobbers never are a good idea.
        Daniel

1973 Honda ST90
        1983 Suzuki GS1100GK

Comment

Originally posted by frankinQ View Post
          I have a 83 gs 1100 that has been cut into a bobber and I ride for about 15 minutes and the bike shuts off and won't start. If I let the bike sit for a little while it will start up and do this again.. I rewired alot of the bike because the guy I bought it from had them sticking out everywhere. It has to be something electrical, any ideas??? Anything will help thank you.
          Welcome to GSR.

Lot of folks here know about the 1100G & GL (shaft, mostly 8 valve engine).
          Lot of folks here know about 1100E (chain, 16 valve).
          Which you have?

COuld be electrical problem. When you say not start, does it seem to crank okay?
          WOuld be good to check battery voltage when not running and when running at mid rpm (this to check the charging sytem).

Could be fuel/carb related.

Tell us more.
          Post in appropiate technical section.

Do add some general location to tyou user profile, and put bike year/model in signature line. THose all then show up in every post.

Last edited by Redman; 07-30-2014, 12:34 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
          X