This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV Carb Turning Procedure

Go to this link for some useful info on how to tune your CV Carbs. Thanks to Chuck Hahn for the headsup on this.

http://www.factorypro.com/tech_tunin...m_engines.html

Frank

Thread title spelling
    Originally posted by tkent02
    That's not a tree, that's a shrubbery. Now get to work on that old dirt bike
    John 3:16

Comment

It is amassing how many guys you point to that link and they come back saying idles fine and I think needle is just right but it will not pull to redline.

when they say you can lead a horse to water but you can't carry him,

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        It is amassing how many guys you point to that link and they come back saying idles fine and I think needle is just right but it will not pull to redline.

when they say you can lead a horse to water but you can't carry him,
        Lol, I was in heaven when I found that link years ago with my ninja 250
        Originally posted by tkent02
        That's not a tree, that's a shrubbery. Now get to work on that old dirt bike
        John 3:16

Comment

great ref when i get to this point...lol
          cheers

Comment

There is a passage on Suzuki CV carbs that are not explained in the article and easy to miss. The Pilot Jet (rubber inset blacking fuel from the float bowl) gets fuel from the "Mail Needle Jet", basically that is the long brass tube the main jet screws into. You will find a small passage going from there to the pilot jet port, this passage gets clogged very easily and is the root cause of a lot of bikes not idle'ing properly. Always clean this passage when doing a teardown.

Comment

Originally posted by prostar1316 View Post
              There is a passage on Suzuki CV carbs that are not explained in the article and easy to miss. The Pilot Jet (rubber inset blacking fuel from the float bowl) gets fuel from the "Mail Needle Jet", basically that is the long brass tube the main jet screws into. You will find a small passage going from there to the pilot jet port, this passage gets clogged very easily and is the root cause of a lot of bikes not idle'ing properly. Always clean this passage when doing a teardown.
              when the bowels in my 1100E would dry out, I would pull the carbs, remove the bowels, pull the pilot jets and blast them out with spray carb cleaner and reassemble.
              done!
              Last edited by posplayr; 08-01-2017, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X