Carb boots, Air Box Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb boots, Air Box Side

I knew the boots were messed up when i bought the bike, but it was interesting after getting them pulled out /facepalm

Here, this is the worst of the 4 lol, the first pic is a bit out of focus but u can clearly see its not in OE spec anymore lol

Partsoutlaw.com has them for $11.48 a pc, this is making me debate if i go with pods, or rebuild the stock airbox.... I like the factory look, and the idea of not rejetting, but idk. I guess i will try to get it running with the stock airbox after picking up a few new carb parts i need, then i will decide.

Pods are more work, not less. Sure, they install easily enough but getting the bike to run right with them is rarely a walk in the park judging by the number of posts on the topic.
    Charles
    --
    1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Yeah, i know the PITA it can be thats why i dont have pods on my Honda either, but when i hard tail the honda, i might have to change that for looks, and clearance issues (or design a new air box).

I am just trying to weigh $$$ cause im not sure about keeping or selling the bike yet. I would like to get the bike to a running state before i make my decision. lol.
      I am gonna be building my honda this winter, so i am at a cross roads, do i tuck the bike away till the honda is done, or try to get both up and running for the spring. So far the cost of my small parts list for the GS850 isnt outrageous but i dont want the budget to run away from me, Just to get it running.

I wanted to just see if i could get the bike running with the carbs not completely fixed, and it spit and sputtered, but didnt fire fully, gonna get the few parts i need and finish the carb rebuild and then put it back together so i can get ready to tear the honda down at the end of the month i think.

Comment

Working...
      X