I think this is goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Lila, Dear Lila...
    We all go down sometime. The deciding factor is whether we get back on the horse or not. I'm very proud of you for not giving up right away. NOBODY ever wants to hit the ground! I've been down a few times.
    Seems like it's some kind of baptism or something. It always feels worst, right after. Some day you will laugh about this. It does, however, make you even more careful !!!

I haven't done much riding this year. Only went riding about a half dozen times. No more real long rides by myself.................yet. Only God knows what the future will bring.
    I'm having some problem with my right shoulder arm and wrist. I think they missed it in the hospital because there was soooo much wrong with me after the truck accident. I complained about it, plenty.
    They said they x-rayed it and it was fine, ....Not so. Anyway, we move on and pray. It has worked very well for me. Especially that positive thinking. I wondered if I'd ever ride again, also. You're normal.

Don't give up on the therapy. Work on it at home, too. I was told you can work the therapy for a year (even by yourself) and you should during the first year, because after a year, that's probably as good as the injury will get. At least that's what my residential rehab techs said.

So excited for you getting a new bike!!!!!!!! Any idea what you want size wise?
    It makes me so happy to hear from YOU again, too! Keep smiling. We learn new lessons everyday. You are loved!

Comment

Lila, how are you doing? Did I miss a thread somewhere about what's going on in your life with a bike?

Comment

Originally posted by Gramma Peppermint View Post
        Lila, how are you doing? Did I miss a thread somewhere about what's going on in your life with a bike?
        She is more active in the GS Discussion thread, "I like bike shopping "
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramma Peppermint View Post
          Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
          She is more active in the GS Discussion thread, "I like bike shopping "
          Awesome! It's hard to break the motorcycle addiction.
          Erik

1982 GS550M

Dyna S, Dyna greens, coil relay mod w/LED, Sonic Springs (.90)

Comment

Thank you very much mrbill!

Comment

I sure hope you in Ok.

Comment

Sometimes a picture...

Attached Files

Comment

Now, that is a picture that says a thousand words! What is the story on that one?

Comment

Yeah... What's up with the shocks? I'd like to hear the story also...

Comment

Yeah you are right even being an owner of a luxurious car i still love my Harley Davidson bike on which sometime i used to go on ride. Thanks
                      Last edited by Guest; 11-11-2016, 08:11 AM.

Comment

so cool,but where is the picture?

Comment

Please check the age of a thread before responding with a request for pictures. The last post before yours in this thread is two years old.
                          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

Easily done pilot. I replied to a thread that was two years old too.

Ed
                            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Ents...........
                              97 R1100R
                              Previous
                              80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Note that the responder in this case is from China and is new to the forum. "His" other post is just as elusive.

Hmmm. He posted two years after Ed in that one, too.

sigpic
                                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                                Family Portrait
                                Siblings and Spouses
                                Mom's first ride
                                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                                X