Massive Carburetor problems, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
    Expect 450 to 600 from the shop. I do them for 185 a rack. Thats everything and shipping back. I order the orings and gaskets. All you need to do is box them and send a money order with them..or use paypal. Depending on what you want to spend and how long you want to be down I am offering an option. And youll be assured that they will be done right and save a boat load of cash. PM me if your interested for my info.

2 or 3 days each way shipping and 2 days to do the dipping and reassembly so you looking at around 7 or 8 days turn around time....roughly. I get the bowl gaskets out of Canada so and it usually takes 4 or 5 days to get to me I am usually done and just waiting on the gaskets to come and then its ship them back.
    And they would be back in the bike and working at least 3-4 weeks before the dealership could have them done plus you would be saving $300-400.00 to use on some other parts.
    Including some gasoline so that you could be riding it instead of WAITING on the dealership to finish in time for the snow.

Comment

Originally posted by 81GS850 View Post
      If you're gonna own one of these older bikes you have to be able to do the maintenance or they will eat you alive in shop costs. Also I wouldn't depend on one as a DD unless you KNOW how to do everything on the bike..
      I have to agree...Getting work done on a classic comes at a premium when you go to a shop.

Also you live in massachusetts, and this is going to be your only vehicle in winter? Granted I've seen stranger things (top-down convertible in the middle of winter on a cold day with snow on the ground, both windows all the way down on the highway during a pouring rain, and other crazy stuff)

Comment

Maybe he'll put dirtbike tires on it and make it a street tracker.

Comment

Sorry your in Maine. But I get slightly disgruntled at how you people down grade the Dealers and how they will rip you off etc. Half the yahoos you on here talk people into fixing there own carbs, cam timing, ect, And most of them they don't have a clue themselves. Excluding several on here. After 35 years experience I have seen many problems, Fixed them all. Proud to say. Some of the people on here need proper guidance, Especially when they don't know one hose from another just be careful where you get your advice. But with Suzuki I have 100% customer satisfaction. I take all the updates and have been Gold Certified with Suzuki for 10 years now. Not all dealers are out to screw you. Thanks.
          sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Comment

EZRIDER,,,,Your right,,not all are out to screw you...but MOST have techs that dont know these bikes little quirks as they are too young to know anything other than EFI and what they got from going to MMI. Want a real job done right, then I suggest you get it done by someone like me or the many others that DO hands on everything themselves. Least WE KNOW what we are talking about and doing. Job will be done right the FIRST time and way cheaper.

We read dozens and dozens of times from guys that find the GSR and they tell a similar story....took bike in and it cost me 500.00 and its falling on its face..whats wrong. Then in about 10 posts back and forth we find the problem and next day we get a reply something like this....Thanks guys!!! Did what you said and now she pulls like a freight train!!! Sad that they wasted the time and money on a dealership.
            Last edited by chuck hahn; 09-23-2014, 07:22 PM.
            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I yahoo, do you yahoo? My Suzuki dealer won't even look at my bike, well not totally correct, they come out and look and say, wow nice bike. Dat's about it.
              sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
              1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
              X