Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planning on a Big purchase Bking or Vmax?... or Other options.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the record any well tuned 1150 i have owned definitely felt faster than my vmax. Is there truth to them being detuned after the first couple years?

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
      wymple,
      why do you want to get in a ****ing match with me?
      i stated what i have seen...my facts...
      you quoted magazines...that's fine but why call me out? me and my "little neighborhood" or to "get out of the house more".
      sense 1986 i have been involved with fast import bikes and working for several shops and having my own business till the mid 2000's.
      this is just dumb s h i t...move on....i'm done.
      YOU are the one who said magazines are just BS, as if Cycle World was in on a fix, or that Gleason and Walker ran fake times or something. As if it didn't happen because it was 29 years ago? You poked the dog and now cry because you're bitten? Rewrite history all you like, the fastest times on stock bikes at that time were on the V-Max, not the 1150. It happened, give it credit and get over it. I see no room for brag from you or any other pilot that brags about the 1150 as king when it was not beginning the day the V-Max landed. The GS was a great blend for drag racing, chain drive, less weight, great launches. The Max was heavier and saddled with a shaft, and out of the box it got it done. Go tell Gleason or Walker your BS. I'm done with this as well. All I tried to point out was the Yamaha was not the whipping boy for the 1150 that Suzuki guys like to claim, you just stick in a little caveat about being modified. You can find the same story over on the Honda forums with the V65 crowd.

Comment

i have been bitten before and your teeth are to small to hurt.
        the funny part is you only know what you read..never once have you said...yeah i seen a v-max run a 10.92 or what ever.
        if so i would have took it for face value.
        i say i have never seen one run a 10 anything and your smart azz tell me to get out more....travel more.
        like i said...i lived this s h i t for many years and seen many things but one of those things was not a 10 second v-max.
        that is my story....MY facts...and the little dog tells me i can not offer this information...yeah wrong guy.
        let me ask you this...what have you done in the performance motorcycle world?
        again...who are you and what have you done?
        i changed my mind...ain't going anywhere little dog...i'm just sorry if i have f ed up the OP's thread.
        for that i apologize to him.

Comment

Lolz, Blower no need to apologize. BUt it is getting way off topic guys... I'm not sure how the thread turned into an GS1150E vs Gen1 Vmax thread but all the bikes I want to discuss in detail are about the newer injected models or machines that would fit the bill that I'm looking for....
          Please lets keep it on that.

Thanks!
          -Jedz
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Well, I consider myself an "expert" on muscle bikes, I've restored half a hundred V65's, VMAX's, Eliminators, GS1150Es, etc........if it went fast in the 80's, I've probably had one, or three. A few years ago, I found a B-King, almost by accident! It was at a guys house who was selling me a ZL900, he was going through a divorce and after I saw it, and heard it, I told him if he ever decided to let it go, to let me have first dibbs. Well, about a month later, he reluctantly sold it to me! I LOVED this bike! It was the fastest thing I have ever ridden, never lost a race to ANYONE, including a new VMAX! It would wheelie at will in 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear! The stock exhaust was the worst part of it, but mine was already upgraded when I got it, makes it look better with the tail tidy conversion also. I sold mine this summer, simply because I had a few shoulder surgeries this year, and I hated to see it sit there unused, I took it to the dragon last fall, and it's surprisingly nimble for such a big bike, it ate up the curves without complaining a bit! I got $7800 for mine, which is about what I paid for it in 2011. A new VMAX will set you back at least 5K more, although I have seen used one getting closer to 10K recently. You can't go wrong with a B-King, and since they were only made in 2008 in the states (3000 produced), it's going to be collectible someday. They were made in 2009 and 2010 in Europe and have a cult following over there, guys have gotten close to 350 HP out of them without getting too deep into the motors, they were originally supposed to be boosted anyway, so the bottom ends were built to take the added HP. You can find nice used examples around 6K, especially this time of year. I sold mine to somebody from the forum, but they are few and far between also, you may have to do a fly-in and ride, but trust me, it would be well worth it! Oh, and the aftermarket is HUGE for these bikes, all kinds of good stuff out there for them, and a good forum, although 90% of the membership is overseas! Here's a picture of mine from earlier this year!

Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
            87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
            99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
            15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Thanks so much for the input Tornado! I've been doing my research and there is nothing like it on the market... Boosted huh? Wow can only imagine, I can't say I'd never do it... But it seems a bit suicidal / awesome. Between the information produced on this thread and the research I've compiled I'm 95% sure I will be laying my cash down on a tank of a B-king.

I didn't know there were only 3000 made... Adds allot to the uniqueness of the machine which only entices me more to purchase one .

I have a buddy on call for I plan on doing my purchase around February. All the bikes that I plan on nabbing are pretty far out but not too far 250-500 miles. I would have to drive with a truck, load and go. Unless we are blessed with a mild winter. I figure if I maintain my patience and keep storing my cash I'll have more then enough to nab one and fly/drive out to get it in 3-4 months.

Great picture... So awesome. It's the one thing Suzuki could do well... Take a bada$$ Engine and stuff it into a standard frame.
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I see your budget is $7-10k so here ya go....private sale, low low miles and probably could be had for $8k?

....and here's another for same asking price at Nault's dealer. I can check it out for you since I go right through Manchester on my commute to work.

Last edited by Guest; 10-28-2014, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Lurch
                  Thanks for the links but I'm not jumping in on this till I have all the funds together which wont be till mid to late winter. I've been saving like a motha and if I went into a dealership I might be able to finance it out (credit sucks right now from the wake of my divorce) but I think I'll get the best deal if I gather my cash and pay it in full any way... But if you want to go look at the one in Manchester I say go for it. That one has been for sale for quite sometime and I'm guessing it will still be available in a few months.
                  Thanks!
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

I've decided to go the new VMAX route, had the B-King and loved it, now I'm going to see if the 2nd Generation VMAX is all it's cracked up to be. Getting rid of my first gen to make room!

Current stable:

Comment

Hahah. Awesome! Tornado Plan for sure is that I will be in your neck of the woods mid June... On the B-King. We should meet up and ride for at least 1 day. I'll let you ride the BK if you let me try the Max .
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
                        I've decided to go the new VMAX route, had the B-King and loved it, now I'm going to see if the 2nd Generation VMAX is all it's cracked up to be. Getting rid of my first gen to make room!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261829937383...7383&viewitem=
                        Sure is a looker.

Comment

That's a sweet VMax you have up for sale.
                          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

Brand-spanking new?

I've heard you have to rev them ridiculously high to get any kind of power out of them. Oh well - it's not like you're buying it for speed or torque!
                            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I did ALLOT of Research before committing to the B-King but this video pretty much wraps up the insanity of the bikes...

I personally needed something with good reach with mileage range (true the B-king isn't great either) But the V-max can't get over 100 miles per TANK.

But you don't buy a V-max for it's practicality... Well you don't buy a B-king for one either . It's just a tad more practical.
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

You can get more than 100 miles out of a tank of gas on a new VMAX, I don't know where you heard that but that's poppycock. I've heard 110-120. Compared to the 80 miles on my ZL900 Eliminator, that's an upgrade! LOL.
                                Last edited by 83GS1100E_Tornado; 03-29-2015, 09:11 PM.
                                Current stable:

Comment

Working...
                                X