Where is Joe Nardy? or...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is Joe Nardy? or...

Are you crazy enough to do these? (I KNOW that this is the wrong section to post in but I wanted to share with those that do not want access to the screwed up OT section that should be for posts like this)

How many of you have always wanted to do these two things on a bike besides me and probably Joe?

A jump for the record books, Robbie “Maddo” Maddison also known as the modern-day Evel Kneviel attempts yet another death defying aerial feat-as he takes ove...

THAT was insane! Me, I have no desire to do anything like that lol. Watching it, sure lol.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Not me.......I do okay when both wheels are on the ground but have never been good at jumps or wheelies. The link is from the new 'On Any Sunday - The Next Chapter' film that Cathy and I just saw this weekend. Robbie Maddison may seem like a raving lunatic but he is actually a very calculating 'daredevil'. His stunts are crazy but well planned and almost always perfectly executed.
      IBA# 24077
      '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
      '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
      '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

What a FCUKING nut job!!!
        -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

I wonder how many takes he needed? I just don't get that sort of thing at all. But then again, there are thousands of people who do that on two pieces of fiberglass.....
          Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
            I wonder how many takes he needed?
            One! But that was after a year of planning.
            IBA# 24077
            '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
            '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
            '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

I think he's earned admittance to Krusty's Inner Circle. (I hope one day I will.)
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Not for me... a few years ago maybe!
                1980 GS1000G - Sold
                1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

There were at least three sets of tire tracks on the ski jump ramp, so he did that trick at least three times. And the helicopter wasn't overhead for all the jumps.

The sudden switch to knobbies after riding up the bobsled track kinda bugged me. Just part of the whole frantic hyper-caffienated comic book reality editing style. I mean, damn, can't they stick with a shot for more than 1/10 of a second and let us marvel a little?
                  1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                  2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                  2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                  Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                    There were at least three sets of tire tracks on the ski jump ramp, so he did that trick at least three times. And the helicopter wasn't overhead for all the jumps.

The sudden switch to knobbies after riding up the bobsled track kinda bugged me. Just part of the whole frantic hyper-caffienated comic book reality editing style. I mean, damn, can't they stick with a shot for more than 1/10 of a second and let us marvel a little?
                    Good points.
                    -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Working...
                    X