Honda RR kits available again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda RR kits available again

I have made a number of Honda RR replacement kits up for sale. These are ShinDenGen regulators from Honda bikes that I rewired for the GS Suzuki. All are cleaned and soda blasted and look great! As always I can provide assistance with wiring and fitting the regulators. The Honda RR fits in the same holes as OEM. I have sold hundreds of these regulator kits over the past few years and lately I've been asked by a few members to offer them again.

This kit also replaces the two piece regulator rectifier arrangement found on the older GS bikes and I understand it fits onto one of the two brackets. The regulator has a tap for measuring the bike operating voltage to provide better regulation and it can be attached to the rear brake light or in series with the output. See my tag line for a pictorial on how they are modified and a wiring diagram for connection.

Cost is 50 dolllars including shipping, 55 overseas and I ship anywhere. Even Australia and New Zealand. Paypal or cash/MO is fine.
    PM me or email at debcob@verizon.net.
    1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
    1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Positive Feedback for this upgrade from Duaneage.
    A quality part and easy-to-do application.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Dido on the above comment. Duaneage is a top notch fella to deal with and I've had not issue's with mine for several years. I 'think' there was a poll on here back some time ago about the durability of the Honda reg/recs and if I remember right it was close to 100% reliability. Glad to see you still offering this service.
      Rob
      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
        Dido on the above comment. Duaneage is a top notch fella to deal with and I've had not issue's with mine for several years. I 'think' there was a poll on here back some time ago about the durability of the Honda reg/recs and if I remember right it was close to 100% reliability. Glad to see you still offering this service.
        Very reliable (over 95%) but not perfect.

Comment

This is pretty much a must-do, no?

Comment

Now the fun begins
            My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Originally posted by uk gs nut View Post
              Now the fun begins
              OK, shindengens are great, reliable shunt R/R's - I used one for 2 years- BUT they do nothing to limit the stator current to just what you need at any moment. Why have the stator pump out 250 watts when all bike needs is 160 watts- this is just wasted heat that strains stator windings. Get a series r/r and improve your odds of happy motoring.
              1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I remember when practically every member on this forum ONLY recommended his parts. Most probably one of the best options today as well.

Comment

I still offer a lifetime replacement on the RRs I offer. I've swapped out 5 in 8 years, out of several hundred shipped. None were bad, it was usually connections or the battery.
                  Just sent one to England, not the farthest I've shipped.
                  1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                  1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

duaneage - thanks pal. It arrived today. I'll be fitting it in the new year.

Greetings
                    Richard
                    sigpic
                    GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
                    GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                    GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                    GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
                    Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
                    Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

I'm still using six of them. The only problem I experienced was too much voltage drop in the brake light power wire causing the R/R to boil the water out of a battery. Not a problem with the R/R, but with the motorcycle and my installation.
                      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by duaneage View Post
                        Cost is 50 dolllars including shipping, 55 overseas and I ship anywhere. Even Australia and New Zealand. Paypal or cash/MO is fine.
                        You aren't going to find these at a better price, especially with the support and guarantee.

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
                          I'm still using six of them. The only problem I experienced was too much voltage drop in the brake light power wire causing the R/R to boil the water out of a battery. Not a problem with the R/R, but with the motorcycle and my installation.
                          Just wire the sense wire to battery positive, current draw is tiny (I checked two) ,so bike can sit for weeks without draining battery much more than normal sitting loss would.Lots of idle time? Just add a switch or connector to unplug it.
                          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Just one question; are these shunt type or series type R/Rs?

Greetings
                            Richard
                            sigpic
                            GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
                            GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                            GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                            GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
                            Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
                            Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Shunt R/R's. These were the best R/R's to be had before the Series R/R's came along. They are wired for the Suzuki, very reliable and a good bit cheaper. The Series R/R's are currently undergoing the test of time. You couldn't go wrong either way.
                              Last edited by OldVet66; 12-26-2014, 09:53 AM.
                              '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Working...
                              X