Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-Nation Thread (My 2nd Thread) 3rd Overall (I think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SoCal

I love this shot from Dodgers Stadium:

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

T= time to get out and ride!
      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

T = - 3 F
        T=TROOPER
        T=TRANSFER case.
        Hondas
        '73 ATC70 '85 XL125S '02 XR650L
        Suzuki
        '83 gs750t vin#551 '97 DR650
        Kaw
        '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

The Future

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
          T= time to get out and ride!
          Hey Bill,

I returned to JAX without my "T". It's just not the same as when I did the roadtrip to NM. It was like a TDY (Temporary Duty) when I was active duty. Now that I'm on home station, it just doesn't feel the same.

I can't put my finger on it but somehow, it doesn't feel right. I'm not gonna go against my gut feeling.

Some things will have to be evaluated and I must decide what path is best. For now, I will do my duty as best I can and press forward with great optimism.

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Gila National Forest

Continuing with pics to keep this thread going (trying anyway).

Thanks to Bill for inviting me on this journey!

Ed
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Hey guys! Just bought a 1982 Suzuki gs750T (Z I believe?). Just wanted to post a pic and say hey! Happy to be a part of the team!GS750TZ_zpsc70d1512.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                Hey Bill,

I returned to JAX without my "T". It's just not the same as when I did the roadtrip to NM. It was like a TDY (Temporary Duty) when I was active duty. Now that I'm on home station, it just doesn't feel the same.

I can't put my finger on it but somehow, it doesn't feel right. I'm not gonna go against my gut feeling.

Some things will have to be evaluated and I must decide what path is best. For now, I will do my duty as best I can and press forward with great optimism.

Ed
                Think you need to find a permanent duty station in NM, seemed like NM suits you very nicely.
                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

T-Life and The Future

Originally posted by WileyPete View Post
                  Hey guys! Just bought a 1982 Suzuki gs750T (Z I believe?). Just wanted to post a pic and say hey! Happy to be a part of the team![ATTACH=CONFIG]37895[/ATTACH]
                  Hey WileyPete!

Yes, you have a TZ (1982). Yasser gave some differences...one of them being the 140 speedo, black engine, square lights, & black chain guard...which is the TD (1983).

Thanks for posting!

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
                  Think you need to find a permanent duty station in NM, seemed like NM suits you very nicely.
                  New Mexico was definitely fun...and my Mom/Aunts/Uncles/Sisters/Nieces/Nephews/HS Friends live in LA so it was nice to be close to where I grew up.

One of the Maintenance gurus that eventually became a good friend, found out I had a GS and suggested I bring it to NM. He has a GS650 that's he's working on for his girlfriend/now wife. Give him kudos for helping me adjust my "T's" valves. See Here:

Do you have a great road adventure that you would like to share? How about a bike repair gone bad? Put your story here and share it with the rest of us.

Holloman was suppose to be a 6-month gig that turned into 10. We all knew it was going to come to a conclusion once the aircraft testing was done...that's the beauty of a TDY...there's an end date and we're getting daily per diem...so we did not mind being extended.

If you stay around long enough in any location, one can make good friends...such as me meeting and greeting with you Bill. I simply enjoyed the scenery once I got my bike on the road and did some group riding with you and a couple of friends. Those are definitely times I will not forget so thanks to you for being a guide.

I still haven't found what I'm looking for...and I think the military movements I made got me use to picking up and relocating 8 times! Once alone and seven times with my family.

Delaware seems to have grown on me. When my family and I first arrived, we weren't impressed with the location. Once we immersed into the school district and me transitioning at work, things become normal for a time. This assignment was accepted at my retirement eligibility (20 years) so we purchased a home in Dover. My family and I have learned to appreciate our final stop. It takes being away and coming back to see that it's not such a bad place.

This is why I make comments about liking or not liking a place because I/we have moved around so much, we quickly assess our current residence.

I'm glad I have a friend in southern NM who I can visit when the opportunity presents itself. For now, I'm trying to find something closer to Delaware which is where our family decided to plant our roots.

I'll give you a call soon Bill. My current job is very demanding and I think I need to slow down. (People at work have even told me) Whatever my plans are buddy, I'll keep you posted.

Ed
                  Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-21-2015, 10:28 PM.
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Good Memories in NM

I love this photo! Taken at the 90 degree turn through Mescalero (244). Thanks Bill, for showing me the way! Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

I love you bike!!!! I want another 16V 750 sooo bad sometimes... But I really don't need another big 4 in my life.

Great Picture!
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                        I love this photo! Taken at the 90 degree turn through Mescalero (244). Thanks Bill, for showing me the way! Ed

Tis a nice 30 mile road to ride huh.
                        2015 CAN AM RTS

Comment

Gotta BUMP the "T" nation back to the first page...

I will have to meander out to the garage and get my vin seq. number...
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Thanks Spyder!

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                            Gotta BUMP the "T" nation back to the first page...

I will have to meander out to the garage and get my vin seq. number...
                            Heck Yeah! You're awesome Spyder!!!

Pulled a photo from New Mexico...the opposite side of my V&H/4-1...she looks good!

Ed
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by yasser View Post
                              Right on. How was that bike this year? I note the chrome in front of the side covers, where the air box is on a 750. How come the chrome looks so small? Different air box I take it.
                              I took the "plenum" box from the engine donor ('80 1100L). My bike had pods on it and drove me nuts...
                              I have a larger K&N filter attached to the back of that under the seat where the airbox should be. Works great!

'83 GS 1100T
                              The Jet

sigpic
                              '95 GSXR 750w
                              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Plenum

^^That looks "nifty" Spyder. Thanks for sharing!

Ed
                                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X