Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where the heck is peppermint patty??? :))

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    1000% guaranteed.
    Yup. When I retire I picture me hanging out a shingle and teaching piano. If anyone still wants to play it by then.
    "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Peppermint Patti View Post
      Good for you Allie!! I miss the wind... and the Freedom...
      My severed ankle has been giving me trouble lately. The metal was taken out of it years ago, now it rubbing bone-to-bone.
      It's hard to even water my garden in this 110+ degree weather, lately, especially with my mashed ankle.
      To top it all off, I broke my first toe, hitting a chair leg, in the kitchen 3 days ago. It's a bad hammer toe. Looks like it's broken in two places. ...I did some yelling... ....LOL... At least it's on the same foot!
      The body is a treacherous thing. The indignities mount year by year.
      "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        Agreed.
        Pretty good bet his "retirement" is a lot different than a lot of us.

RETIRE??? HAAROP? Doubt that will ever happen! Assume that guy is a lifer in mischief... He may have gotten banned from here, but, as we can see; He may be gone, but not forgotten!
        Retire... Doesn't that mean you re-tire? Sounds to me like you just get tired, all over, again....

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
          The body is a treacherous thing. The indignities mount year by year.
          So true Allie! I'm weathering the storm quite well, considering the conditions. Lol... I should have been dead by now, but somehow God saved me.
          I'm begging Him to at least let me finish my book, (which is extremely hard to write, as I am going back over all the trials I had before I was 33 years old). It's brings up emotions that I've tried to forget...

Comment

RETIRE??? HAAROP? Doubt that will ever happen! Assume that guy is a lifer in mischief... He may have gotten banned from here, but, as we can see; He may be gone, but not forgotten!
            Retire... Doesn't that mean you re-tire? Sounds to me like you just get tired, all over, again....
            He is retired and up to lots of interesting projects. His page is fun and interesting to read .....He is quite a creative guy ..... However the last " mischief " I am aware of was his exit from Dubai ...... Apparently it involved a 45 day stay in their " Luxury Hotel for Miscreants " and a direct drive to the airport upon checking out ..... He apparently enjoyed Rock star status at the " hotel " as the only Green Beret who had ever graced their presence ......
            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
            1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
              He is retired and up to lots of interesting projects. His page is fun and interesting to read .....He is quite a creative guy ..... However the last " mischief " I am aware of was his exit from Dubai ...... Apparently it involved a 45 day stay in their " Luxury Hotel for Miscreants " and a direct drive to the airport upon checking out ..... He apparently enjoyed Rock star status at the " hotel " as the only Green Beret who had ever graced their presence ......
              Thank you so much for this information... So glad he is still in touch with someone!! Please give him my GSR Love.......

Comment

Have to wonder, once again.....Where the heck is Peppermint Patti?

It has been five months since her last post.
                I bought and read her book in that time.

Hope all is well.

Have a Merry Christmas, Patti

"If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
                  Have to wonder, once again.....Where the heck is Peppermint Patti?

It has been five months since her last post.
                  I bought and read her book in that time.

Hope all is well.

Have a Merry Christmas, Patti

Her last post wasn't even a month ago (Nov 27) wishing everyone a happy american thanks giving.
                  No signature

Comment

Thanks for thinking about me you guys! I am alive and well in the fast growing section of Central Arizona. I also have acquired a 1976 Kaw 900 "L". Bought it for my boyfriend 20 years ago. He passed away a couple months ago, and left my name & his on the title. So, I am looking to sell that. Needs some cosmetic work, but, still runs great. When I bought it I knew it would be a decent investment, because it was the first year the "L" model was introduced. It will be 50 years old in four years. (Hard to believe it's been almost 50 years since I was racing!! Started racing in 1975.)

My book is selling a little better than I thought it would, but, but Amazon gets most of the money... I'll have to set up a table at some motorcycle events this summer. My sister bought me 100 copies (at the author's price), to get started. This way I get the whole $20.00 for the book. (Regular Amazon price.) I wish now, that I would have put more pictures in it. I will if I ever get to a second edition... lol...

Saw my regular Dr. yesterday and my heart Dr. today. I am good. Heart Dr. is the head of Cardiology at my local hospital. He put the 3 stints in a row in my heart a dozen or so years ago. He is retiring at the end of this month. He said I was special to him because I was the youngest patient he ever did that procedure on. We became great friends over the years. I signed a copy of my book and gave it to him today. He loved it. I told him, "This worked out pretty well. If I had finished it earlier, you wouldn't have had time to read it." He laughed and agreed. I am being scheduled for a Stress Test, to make sure the 'ol heart is working all right. Never had a Stress Test before. (Mom said my dad almost died on the machine, so I've never taken one.)

I've been staying home a lot, for many reasons. I love it here at my house and have two dogs that keep me company.
                    I have a homeless man living in a very small, homemade trailer in my back yard. He cuts wood for me and helps me around the yard. He also does odd jobs, elsewhere. He contributes a little toward the electric bill, and I didn't even have to ask him. Sometimes it's below freezing at night. I don't know how he does it out there! He said he loves the cold weather.

Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas. May Love, Happiness and Health Fill Your Days!!!
                    Last edited by Peppermint Patti; 12-23-2021, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Love to see pics of that Kaw!
                      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Sometimes it's below freezing at night. I don't know how he does it out there! He said he loves the cold weather.

Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas. May Love, Happiness and Health Fill Your Days!!!
                        They say firewood warms you three times.... four if you stack it wrong or lose keys down there
                        Merry Christmas Patti.
                        97 R1100R
                        Previous
                        80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                          Love to see pics of that Kaw!
                          I'll have to put the tank and seat back on...

Comment

Working...
                          X