issues with my 1980 GS 850 with stage 3 Dynojet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do not plug it, you will blow seals!

that is your crankcase vent, it prevents the case from getting pressurized. I just let mine vent to atmosphere.
    1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head
    1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by eudemonis View Post
      Hey I've recently installed stage 3 on my 1980 GS850G. Does anyone know what to do with the tube that goes from the top of the engine to the airbox after installing pods (there is some exhaust coming from it. Should I make it longer so it all gets sucked up into the pods, or can I plug it so I don't have this exhaust perfuming me?)? @almarconi: Do you recommend the inline fuel filter?
      Get a mini crankcase breather filter. You can find them on eBay, or most motorcycle supply sites. 3/8" inlet, washable filter like a K&N, UNI makes them, too, and some other no name companies, but I would make sure you get one that is a cloth, washable type.

You can see mine in the attached photo, right below my intake filters
      Attached Files
      1979 GS550, 2003 R6, 1998 XR400 Dual Sport, 2004 V-Star.........

Decisions, decisions, what to ride, today.
      sigpic
      My GS550 Build

Comment

Working...
      X