No announcement yet.

Don't hurt me, I searched I promise! - 78 VM22** pilot Jetting on my GS550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand that Oldvet66, and SVSooke, but I asked a question about one piece, and instead of an answer I'm getting blasted with a bunch of info I already know, I know it's going to be hard to get it right, I know open pipes are bad, hence welding on mufflers in the spring, I'm even kicking around the idea of putting baffles on them to add a little more control to the mix, and i know, Cheap pods bad, I get it, I got it, Understood... really. but until I have a bunch of money to blow on something that everyone around me considers to be nothing more than "My Toy" (and in lue of that fact constricting my funds even further than say something like, parts for my work truck) this is what I have to work with, I'm willing to take the risks and do the hard work to try and figure it all out on my own... I just wanted to know if that one piece had a name and function, and whether or not changing my pilot jet would necessitate changing that one piece. it's not so much attitude as frustration that I'm trying to convey a message that pertains to one thing, and the reception is coming in like late night payperview Jerry Springers Too hot for TV in the 90's that you didn't order but you can still see fuzzy skewed images unrelated to what you were looking for in the first place and the remote broke so you can't change the channel without getting up to change it manually, which is what it feels like I'm doing here. I hope that makes sense to someone... it's literally the closest thing I can think of to whats going on here,

Comment

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.Out.

Comment

also, this is what it looks like right now, the Glamor shots posted in my build thread.

thats fine SVSooke, I still respect the hard work you put into your bikes. I just wanted an answer.
        Last edited by Guest; 02-03-2015, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Hey 1978gs550, I just I'm doing the exact same thing as we speak. I pulled my pilot jets, yes plural. the one one the right in your picture is the pilot jet. The one on the left is the pilot jet outlet. The outlet appears to be quite a bit larger in diameter than the pilot jet so there will be no need to get a larger one if you increase the pilot jet. Hope this helps. Alot of the time guys will think they are helping but a simple I don't know or no answer at all is what is needed.

Comment

Working...
          X