No announcement yet.

Some 1989 drag racing vids.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the picture of Marty scanned very good...nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
      These videos have been great to watch although one leads to another to another and easily there goes an hour.
      So many Suzukis.
      This last one, posted by Reggie Showers reminded me of talking to him at Atco in '92? Great guy.
      Last 2 nights have found me doing exactly the same. One leads to another.

Comment

Found an old time slip from Piedmont Dragway, I could have qualified for Pro Stock back then, but I wanted a win not an also ran......I was ranked #3 in Super Comp back then......Billy
        Scan.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by BadBillyB View Post
          Found an old time slip from Piedmont Dragway, I could have qualified for Pro Stock back then, but I wanted a win not an also ran......I was ranked #3 in Super Comp back then......Billy
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]38320[/ATTACH]
          Sure wish I had saved a bunch of those. I do remember the quickest and the fastest runs we ever made. (different runs). I knew Hahn and TJ through Kim. Last year we run I ran a fuel system of sorts designed by them and perfected by the smartest man I have ever known. He ran sprint cars. We stopped breaking parts except for tranny's. I walked away because of Piedmont Dragway. We had won that top eliminator class several years in a row and to just plainly say it they started jerking us around. At the time they were having 30 bikes show up to try and qualify for 16 spots. I liked Jim and Nora Turner. But he was a business man and smart enough to know he needed different winners. His son rode top fuel Harley for a while. Nora passed on a few years ago.

Ya know the most fun races we ever went to were at Rockingham. Put on by a outlaw bunch. They drew BIG crowds because they paid big money. Their top class was set on pro tree at 7.60.

I have been to Piedmont 2 times since quitting. One to sell a truck load of parts I had. The other to help my old friend Tim one weekend when he needed me. I miss drag racing. I don't miss Piedmont.
          Last edited by Guest; 02-21-2015, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Heres the pic from Birmingham of me running the motor I built (1175cc) for Denny Lowes cousin. I put the motor in their trunk when the race was over. This motor had a very nice set of R.C. Engineering road race pistons in it. It had aluminum wrist pin buttons that fit tightly into the end of the wrist pins. A little different than the floating Teflon buttons that I preferred.....I ran it in Pro Gas (he was shocked) and I promptly clicked off a 5.67 pass with it. You can see him in the pic watching very attentively........Billy
            Picture 123-2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by BadBillyB View Post
              Heres the pic from Birmingham of me running the motor I built (1175cc) for Denny Lowes cousin. I put the motor in their trunk when the race was over. This motor had a very nice set of R.C. Engineering road race pistons in it. It had aluminum wrist pin buttons that fit tightly into the end of the wrist pins. A little different than the floating Teflon buttons that I preferred.....I ran it in Pro Gas (he was shocked) and I promptly clicked off a 5.67 pass with it. You can see him in the pic watching very attentively........Billy
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]38332[/ATTACH]

Remember Arias also used the aluminum pins a lot. Kim was a Wiseco distributor. Not a dealer but distributor. He got me on a deal using those things. All I EVER did was knock the top ring land out of them. Tried MTC and those egg shaped pistons with lousy rings. Lot used them but I thought they were junk. Then we tried Arias made to our specs. Shazam. They were heavy but sealed perfectly and didn't break. If we had over 2% leak down something was wrong. I dug around in those vids. for 1992. If my memory serves me right we ran top gas at the rock that year then pro comp at bowling green. Got to the semi's in both. Rider error at the rock and knocked a set of pistons out (wiseco...last set used) in the quarter finals at BG. We went to the line hoping for a red light. Didn't get it. I had a spare but we didn't have enough time to swap engines.

I just dug up some pics. I got to get them scanned. What are you using to do it with?

If you ran that there it would have been quicker somewhere else. That place sucked..... Thanks for the replies. Its been nice going down memory lane. Without a doubt probably the best times of my life. I enjoyed it so much. When I returned in 1999 with the hayabusa's I just did not have the fever any more. By 2002 I was done.
              Last edited by Guest; 02-21-2015, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X