Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LADIES !!! Please check in when you see this thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well It's 2 yrs later, and I'm still standing... Knock-knock... anybody home?

Comment

Well, Pep, I'm no lady, not even a female, but I remember seeing a picture of you straddling a big four cylinder Suzi. Glad you're still with us. Now for the $64 question: still got a bike? When was the last time you rode?

All the best.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Yes, I still have my bike. It's been close to a year since I've ridden it. I am getting weaker...
        Wish I had the cash to turn it into a trike, (with wheelie bars... just for show...)
        Can you imagine a GS1100 trike?

Comment

That's an 1100?

Tres cool. Year, model?
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

It's a 1981. Might have an '82 motor... If you remember, years ago, some Harley Patched Bikers put valve grinding compound in my oil, when I went inside a bar in another neighborhood, for a very short time. Some Club members... Didn't look at their patches... They had loosened all the long screws in my taillight. I found that out when it fell off and skidded across the road, a few blocks after departing the place. When I later found out about the valve grinding compound, I surmised it had to be those Harley guys... Karma is a B*tch... (& God likes me... Lol!)
            The bike has been raked and stretched, just a little. Makes it lower to the ground, so I can get on & off. Also lowers the center of gravity & wind resistance. I also put racing shocks on it, that are an inch shorter from eye to eye. Motor is slightly built, geared, etc.
            Last edited by Peppermint Patti; 01-27-2019, 11:50 PM.

Comment

That '81 1100 (e?) is a tall bike. I'm almost (used to be) 5'10", and unless I'm wearing boots, I can't flat foot my '82 11e, which has a shorter seat height than the '81.

You'd get a kick out of my Sportster Superlow. Something like a 25" seat height. The center of gravity is so low, I can let go of the bars at 100 mph and the thing just keeps going straight.

I know what you mean about those Harley guys. A guy was revving his montrosity in the parking lot of the Harley dealer and said, "I love that it's so loud." Not that he loved the sound, or the tone, just how loud it was. Right next to some houses. How brain dead can you get?

I was there with my brother, him on his Low Rider, me on my Suzi. Suzi didn't start so quickly, maybe because of the heat. Eventually I opened the throttle full, and when it fired up, every head in the lot turned to look at me (or Suzi). They weren't smiling, but I was. They were like, "That's not a Harley," and I was like, "Damn right. She's three times quicker than any of your garbage trucks."

Comment

Loved those stories... I ALWAYS got along with patch members in the past. Maybe because I am a female. Guess I turned a few heads, especially on the expressways... I swear I've had too much fun for one person!

Comment

Working...
                X