Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

disaster. feeler guage dropped into engine..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell yeah! Glad you didn't have to take the engine apart!

Comment

Happy endings are good.
      1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
      1983 GS 1100 G
      2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
      2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
      1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Originally posted by ad777 View Post
        GOT IT!!! Thanks guys, just back with a flexi magnet, and got it first time.really appreciate the support here,be lost otherwise. Off to get a rag,and continue with valves,thanks again!!!
        And don't forget to remove the rag when you're done! That's why you want a brightly colored one (or a good memory).

Comment

Originally posted by 1948man View Post
          Happy endings are good.
          A valve job with a "Happy Ending"
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

It will be a happy ending when I start her up and she purrs,I hope! Carbs off,stripping and cleaning them next week,fit new inlet rubbers,then we will see what happens! The valve clearances were far too wide,at least twice what they should be maybe more,so it got to be an improvement. Will repost when all back together again,thankyou all again. Ps,rag definitely out!��

Comment

+1 on that bit of good luck retrieving the feeler gauge.

I've been thinking about getting a digital inspection camera. Given this thread it might be more useful than I was thinking.
              Does anyone have it? Is it any good?

Amazing deals on this Digital Inspection Camera at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

Comment

The inspection camera would a great thing to have but rather than spending the $89.00 you can get the flexarm and camera out of China for probably about $15.00 that just plugs into a USB port. Not as handy as the Harbour Freight one but a whole bunch cheaper. If the cables not long enough just use a USB extension cable.
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Of course, being able to see the object of your torment and not being able to retrieve it isn't exactly useful...

Comment

I don't have it but I'm pretty sure I've seen similar cameras for less. Also, it's Horrible Freight.

Since I have a laptop, I'd be more likely to buy a USB endoscope camera from Amazon or eBay for $20-$40. The cable length is ridiculously long for engine work, but that means it can be used for other things like ducts, pipes, inside walls, etc.
                    Charles
                    --
                    1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by eil View Post
                      I don't have it but I'm pretty sure I've seen similar cameras for less. Also, it's Horrible Freight.

Since I have a laptop, I'd be more likely to buy a USB endoscope camera from Amazon or eBay for $20-$40. The cable length is ridiculously long for engine work, but that means it can be used for other things like ducts, pipes, inside walls, etc.
                      Interesting, thanks.

Can any of these hook up to a smartphone?

Comment

Ouch! Note to self - always place a rag over timing chain cavity when adjusting valves.

Comment

Working...
                        X