Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

83' GS750T Only runs on choke. Now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

correct, it just dies if the choke is pushed in.

I dunked (per the cleaning guide linked everywhere on this site)and ran a bristle of a brush through the pilot jets and tubes. and all slots allowed carb cleaner spray to shoot through cleanly.
    I sprayed the carb boots with starter fluid and no effect one way of the other while running.
    The air box is installed. With new air filter.
    The exhaust is stock- rusty but no holes in it. baffles installed.

New random thing. When it is running high. I put the Carb Synch tool on the adjuster and the engine starts dying off almost immediately.

Not sure about the idle adjust knob. I will check that out this afternoon. I think I'm just going to get new boots. I really don't want to have to take the carbs apart again to check the pilot jet just to be sure.

ITS SO NICE OUT! Granted the roads are the worst I have seen them in 10 years. Potholes that can swallow a car let alone a bike. It sucks. But I still wanna ride.

Comment

Idle adjust knob... so that's what that thing is. I guess it shouldn't be all the way out. Huh?

What should it sit at whilst idling?

Yay. I vacuum sunk them now.
      Thanks eil.

I knew it was something absolutely stupid I was missing.
      Last edited by Guest; 04-16-2015, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Much better something stupid and overlooked, than something expensive and replaced...
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Working...
        X