• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roeme View Post
    This is dead, right?
    Are old GS's every really dead?
    1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
    1983 GS 1100 G
    2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
    2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
    1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Probably not really. Some become organ donors though.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

How about an update? Anything we can do to help?
        GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

With a little prompting by GSRick I thought that I would give an update on the Yellow Frank Project.

The sad fact is that not a lot has gone on with it since the updates on the main webpages. Most of my off time has been busy with getting my house up to code inside, as well as working on major projects on the outside. As some of you may know from Facebook one of my projects was building a Taj Mahal chicken coop. Then came the bears that we had to do something about, electric fences, security cameras, well, you get the drift. Then outside walls and subfloors had to be repaired on the house. Jeez... I also have a recording studio in my house where that has been taking a lot of my free time.

With cold weather coming that means outside projects will be slowing down making it a great time to work on the bike. You would think, right? But that same weather was causing me a problem in that it was too darn cold to work in the shed, where I have all the bike parts. We live in the North Georgia mountains so the unheated shed gets a bit nippy. At that time I couldn't use my basement since that is where my wood shop is. Fortunately, those wood projects are slowing down some so this led to the idea of moving all my tools from the shed to the basement where it's warmer and I'll be moving the parts as well soon. I'm hoping that this will help in moving the project forward. In fact, I'm so optimistic that I built a ramp to the shed so I can park the completed bike in the shed once it's done. Positive thinking!

Once I get back to this project I have to finish stripping the bike frame and get that painted. From there I'll be going a piece at a time stripping and repainting all the other parts. Then it's on to the carbs and the engine. As for any parts I need, the only thing I know for sure right now is a tach cable. I'm sure I'll need more parts, but that will come when I start going over things before putting it together.

Frank

Comment

Is this coming along? Any updates, Frank?
            - 1983 GS850L ~ 30,000 miles and going up - Finally ready for a proper road trip!
            - 1977 GS750B - Sold but not forgotten

Comment

Coming up on 5 years into this thread. What's the status?

Comment

Working...
              X