Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How very gallant of you Don, *and what a great idea*. I have to totally agree with Redman on the pin-striping comment. I as thinking about a nice classy (gloss?) black pin-striping,
    I think would really highlight it, and add to it's beauty and individuality. Perhaps members could submit their ideas about the striping or logos...I think your official GSR logo would be nice on the tan No logos are good too, but, please think about the pin-stripping idea. Redman read my mind....
    Perhaps a 'small sun' on one side of the rear luggage case... And a happy looking small bumble be on the other side of the rear luggage rack saying .........."BEE (just use the picture) A GSR MEMBER"... ?
    Just throwing out ideas. You guys have me excited now... THANKS!! ...And "Goon on 'Ya"..........And you ARE the good guys I always said you were!

Comment

Originally posted by Gramma Peppermint View Post
      How very gallant of you Don, *and what a great idea*. I have to totally agree with Redman on the pin-striping comment. I as thinking about a nice classy (gloss?) black pin-striping,
      I think would really highlight it, and add to it's beauty and individuality. Perhaps members could submit their ideas about the striping or logos...I think your official GSR logo would be nice on the tan No logos are good too, but, please think about the pin-stripping idea. Redman read my mind....
      Perhaps a 'small sun' on one side of the rear luggage case... And a happy looking small bumble be on the other side of the rear luggage rack saying .........."BEE (just use the picture) A GSR MEMBER"... ?
      Just throwing out ideas. You guys have me excited now... THANKS!! ...And "Goon on 'Ya"..........And you ARE the good guys I always said you were!
      And some pink rims with maybe an extended swing arm.
      1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
      1983 GS 1100 G
      2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
      2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
      1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Pink rims! Now there is an interesting idea.

Comment

My rims are pink... actually more of a hot pink... Yellow and pink do not go together, (unless you're making and Easter Egg Bike).
          I used to have a big yellow house with black trim. It stood out among the others, all right. My neighbors used to call it the bumble bee house.
          Do you really think a yellow bike with black pinstripes would be ugly? I think honda had that color scheme one year... I could be wrong. I do remember seeing someone's Honda with that scheme. Could have been a custom job... However, I really liked it. Besides... what other color goes that good with yellow? Brown? Brown just wouldn't look as crisp and clean. A solid yellow? Gold wouldn't be as classy, or defined. What the heck, there is a lot of black on the bike anyway with the frame, tires, handgrips and cables... It would be nice to see "GSResources. com" somewhere in the bike. Think advertising...

Comment

4-6" over on the swingarm WOULD, (ok...might), improve the look... Mine is only 4"'s over, but there is also a small rake in the frame...
            I'd like to see a big old fat tire on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramma Peppermint View Post
              4-6" over on the swingarm WOULD, (ok...might), improve the look... Mine is only 4"'s over, but there is also a small rake in the frame...
              I'd like to see a big old fat tire on the back.
              You will have to remember, that virtually NOBODY will see the swingarm and very few will actually see the rear tire.

Not to mention that stretching the swingarm will be rather difficult, probably to the point of making it downright impractical.

It's a shafty, and the rear end is covered by saddlebags.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Oops... a shaftee... Sorry.

Comment

Hopefully we're kidding on the pink and swing arm.
                  1983 GS 1100 G

Comment

Yes, hopefully... and I am laughing...

Comment

Well, the swingarm idea was tossed in before realizing it was a shafty, but I'll tell you, after years of going to Goldwing rallies and seeing MANY different yellow bikes with MANY different ideas of what the owners thought looked "good", pink is not that bad a color for pinstriping, when it is included with a few others.

Yeah, I realize that very few GSers are into the same type of pinstriping that Wingers are, but the GK is closer to a Wing than most GSes, so it could probably get away with it. My Wing is definitely NOT yellow, but the pinstripes on it include a couple shades of pink, a couple shades of blue and white. Not something that I might have intentionally chosen, but I think it looks quite nice.

Had a local painter use that for inspriation on Mrs. Steve's bike.

Back to yellow bikes ...
                      Tried copying and pasting some pictures, but many of the sites are making it difficult, so here are links to the sites:
                      Mountain Man Art (the artist that did my Wing)
                      Scarecrow Art
                      Many others, but these can give some idea of what is possible.

sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

My Cavalcade had more intricate, "artistic" pin striping too. Wish I still had it actually.
                        1983 GS 1100 G

Comment

Regarding the yellow and black......One of my favortie bikes are yellow / black TL 1000s
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I lean toward a yellow and black scheme myself. But there is something that has to be considered. I have the original GK double bucket seat which is brown. It is in very good shape and Frank may prefer it to the plain G seat that I have on it now. Just throwing in more food for thought.

Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                            80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

No problem. Is there a seat cover kit available for that model? It can always be redone by a shop. A nice soft black leather, extra comfortable seat, would be nice for Mr and Mrs Frank... And it might look good too...
                              This could get expensive................... Can you powder coat the wheels black?.... And powder coating the frame is always nice........LOL..........

Comment

...............And then again, yellow with the two-toned brown in the seat ( maybe three-toned, if you add black) pinstripes would probably also look OK.

Comment

Working...
                                X